new diver- where to go over xmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquagirl73

Reaction score
Hello- my husband and I are looking for a place to go over xmas, but just spent 7K on our last trip. I was looking at Mexico or somewhere in the Carribean. Any recommendations?
AG

That would depend somewhat on your starting point. You don't indicate where you live. Cheap for someone in So Cal, may not be cheap for someone from Ohio, or the UK, or Singapore (we have people here from all those places).

yee haw doggie....i spent some time in Nacogdoches...you can tell because i spelled it correctly...and some time in El Paso...

ok..enuf memory stuff.....

This time of year Barbados is a great place to go and it wont cost you 7 g's.......unless you would like to take me as a personal guide and it still will come under 7 g's

do a search for my barbados trip report.

Don't be silly. You live in Texas. Go to Cozumel. Best diving in your range and relatively inexpensive. Go to Travelzoo.com and look for airfare/resort package specials. You won't regret it.

Awww heck... I need Christmas $$ so come to the East Coast of FL and I'll rent you a room for well under $7000!!! Lots of fairly decent diving w/in driving distance! LOLOL

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

It all depends on how long you want to stay.. :wink:

Like most, I would say Coz (since my g/f and I are going there next), but don't forget Belize or the Bay Islands. My last trip to Belize was about 6k, but that was 2 weeks, and included surgery and a hospital stay! :eek:

In fact, if you stay in the western caribbean, with not much effort you can live and dive well for 2-3 weeks on 7k. :eek:ut:

Mike

PS
I'm in Phoenix, and am heading to Coz for Thanksgiving. So far, the trip looks to cost around 4-5k (1400 air for 2, 700 hotel, figure about US$300 a day for fun and food) for 8 days/9 nights, less if we skip a dinner trip to Rio in Cancun.

mikeh once bubbled...
I'm in Phoenix, and am heading to Coz for Thanksgiving. So far, the trip looks to cost around 4-5k (1400 air for 2, 700 hotel, figure about US$300 a day for fun and food) for 8 days/9 nights, less if we skip a dinner trip to Rio in Cancun.

You should be able to do better than that with an air/hotel package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom