New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

****** MOD POST *******

No more political discussion, period.

I just spent 15 minutes cleaning up this thread.

I have deleted many posts. If yours was deleted or edited, it was because it was part of the political discussion that was going on. If you have details or questions please PM me.

Here is the section of the TOS that applies to politics:

TOS:
While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. Consequently we ask that discussions involving politics and nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics.

Diver Dennis:
I was supposed to go to Mexico tomorrow but changed my flight to Monday. Maybe it will be over by then and they will at least let you take water purchased in the secure area again.
Maybe by then they'll be an approved water for bringing on board aircraft. like "TSA BRAND WATER" or something like that.

howarde:
Maybe by then they'll be an approved water for bringing on board aircraft. like "TSA BRAND WATER" or something like that.

Like someone mentioned here, $6 water... but TSA inspected...:D

That was you who mentioned that howarde. Always a businessman...

Someone explain this: TSA says it is ok to take cell phones and laptops on airplanes. But, when the plane is taking off or landing, you need to turn the laptops off. And, you need to keep the cell phones off all the time. That's because its unsafe to have them on. Right. So if they pose a danger, why are people allowed to bering them on the plane in the first place? How about allowing guns and simply saying: "Don't fire while we are in flight?"

But, for those who are unhappy with security and how incoonvenient it is, what would you say if they diid away with TSA and the inconvenience and then a plane was blown up because no one checked the boarding passengers.

Bruce, I think they say that cell phones COULD interfere with the aircraft. I do agree with your point, if it might be a problem, why allow it?

I think there might be a few people complaining about the water...:wink:

ItsBruce:
Someone explain this: TSA says it is ok to take cell phones and laptops on airplanes. But, when the plane is taking off or landing, you need to turn the laptops off. And, you need to keep the cell phones off all the time. That's because its unsafe to have them on. Right. So if they pose a danger, why are people allowed to bering them on the plane in the first place? How about allowing guns and simply saying: "Don't fire while we are in flight?"

But, for those who are unhappy with security and how incoonvenient it is, what would you say if they diid away with TSA and the inconvenience and then a plane was blown up because no one checked the boarding passengers.
I think the cellphone thing is a myth. There's no way that a cell phone is going to interfere with the equipment on a modern airplane. But for some reason, they don't let you do it. I think the electronic equipment off could be just the same reason that they make you keep your seats forward, and your tray tables up. In case there's an emergency, and they have to evacuate the plane, they don't want you working on your laptop, or zoning out to tunes on your ipod. That's just a guess on the electronics, but that is why your seatbacks and tray's must be up.

I hate to jump into a thread I've so heavily moderated, but I just wanted to toss this in regarding cell phones:

Cell phones have the potential to interfere with some instruments. By no means will pulling out a cell phone constitute a danger, much less bring the plane down.. so they're not a weapon like a firearm.

The FAA is considering allowing cell phones to be turned on and used during flight and will in all likelihood allow them pending testing.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/09/technology/personaltech/cellphones_inflight/?cnn=yes

ItsBruce:
Speaking of $6 water: Why is it that water is more expensive than gasoline, but people complain about the high price of gas?
Water is <$2 a gallon I don't think that's true anymore (unless you actually buy Evian)

How will these new restrictions affect me bringing on 'duty free alcohol', being that if it's purchased in the 'safe zone' it should not be a problem? I have heard reports that mothers with baby formula must first 'taste it' to prove that it is baby formula. Will I have to 'taste my vodka' before they let me through with it?

Back
Top Bottom