News from DEMA???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's up with the Ratio transmitter and the green, yellow, and red lights? Letting others know you are low on gas, crude buddy check?

@BurhanMuntasser says they have a fiber optic cable that runs around to your front. A HUD display for your color-coded tank pressure.

I think it's a total waste/marketing gimmick. But, he assured me the cable can be removed.

@BurhanMuntasser says they have a fiber optic cable that runs around to your front. A HUD display for your color-coded tank pressure.

I think it's a total waste/marketing gimmick. But, he assured me the cable can be removed.

Similar to HUD by some ccr manufacturers. The cable is easily removable.

sure, hook it up to an automotive compressor, get some oil or other contamination into it, breathe it........

Since those generally only go a max of about 150psi, you probably couldn't breathe enough oil or CO to hurt yourself too badly....

You have your tank pressure, you need lights? Red light, stop diving, go up! Unless it's optional, will add to cost. We'll all see when it hits their website

You have your tank pressure, you need lights? Red light, stop diving, go up! Unless it's optional, will add to cost. We'll all see when it hits their website

Assuming that the Ratio transmitter RF protocol and specs are different than the PPS transmitters, that and their pricing means the Ratio stuff is not even an option for me.

Their transmitter is totally theirs, no relationship to PPS as they told me. I believe it is slightly smaller in size than the PPS but not sure.

Similar to HUD by some ccr manufacturers. The cable is easily removable.

Looks like the transmitter glows green, yellow, or red and that the fiber optic HUD is an optional accessory.

I don't think the Ratio is an option for me either, compatibility with PPS transmitter with the Perdix AI is a huge advantange, and I don't want the lights :) I guess it could be a buddy finder light for night dives, or a Christmas decoration

Sorry about the resolution, off the DEMA website
upload_2016-11-18_11-30-12.png

This will be my last day at DEMA, as I have to go to Cali to attend to a family member. @stuartv, I probably won't make it over to ScubaPro today as I already have a full dance card.

For everyone... I got some great videos yesterday, or so I thought. When I went to edit last night, I found a horrible backfeed on all of my videos. I am so bummed, I can't even see straight. That was a lot of video time wasted. I'm going to go back to get some video with my Samsung Edge 7. Dive Rite, Shearwater and Ratio are tops on my list. I may not have time to get to them. We'll see. We'll see if the phone video comes out OK. I am not feeling very optimistic at this point.

About the Shearwater Perdix. I love it. Best part, is that it shows the pressures in both tanks at the same time and the portion of the screen changes color when the pressure drops below your pre-set thresh hold. That's great for us side mounters as we won't have to keep switching gasses on the PDC. I also thought it great that they are using the tried, tested and vetted Oceanic Transmitters. Heck, I have a few of those hanging around, At this point they are not considering this for the Petrel II... well, at least they aren't admitting that they are considering this for the Petrel. On a side note... good job on burning up their servers yesterday. Yes, they tracked where the flood of inquiries came from and we were the culprits. You made me PROUD and had them smiling. Again, good job.

Back
Top Bottom