News from DEMA???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@NetDoc Did you guys just leave your booth as is and left DEMA to go home? I was tempted to call you on your mobile number you left there and bug you.

In regards to the Seabear/SP/H3 computer(s), SP won't confirm any release date and doesn't expect any computer to be released before the end of 2017. They won't release anything before they are certain of its design reliability and quality. So don't hold your breath!!

That kinda sucks. But, hopefully they'll at least still be offering the Mantis w/AI transmitter if/when my H3 breaks. If so, I'll take that, sell it, and buy a Perdix AI. :)

@NetDoc Did you guys just leave your booth as is and left DEMA to go home? I was tempted to call you on your mobile number you left there and bug you.
I was in the booth for a total of ten minutes. @HowardE was supposed to take it down and send it on. We didn't sign up for a booth for next year.

Looks like the transmitter glows green, yellow, or red and that the fiber optic HUD is an optional accessory.

I don't think the Ratio is an option for me either, compatibility with PPS transmitter with the Perdix AI is a huge advantange, and I don't want the lights :) I guess it could be a buddy finder light for night dives, or a Christmas decoration

Sorry about the resolution, off the DEMA website
View attachment 385859

This feature is a bit pointless. I don't want to be a diving Christmas tree.

Went night diving a while back with a group that had flashing LED lights (white, red, and green) hung on the tank for identification and safety purpose. I don't now about the fish and other creatures but I was about to go berserk with all the flashing bright lights underwater.

Sounds cool to have but it seems a bit gimmicky.

Just my 2 cents.

I was in the booth for a total of ten minutes. @HowardE was supposed to take it down and send it on. We didn't sign up for a booth for next year.

Curious: Why did you sign up for a booth this year? I'm sure that it wasn't cheap. I chatted with your better half for a few mins but that was about the only time that anyone was at the booth...I walked past at least two dozen times over three days.

It's a revolutionary new way to make sure the thieves know which bag to try and steal. Oh, wait. Not even that....

Curious: Why did you sign up for a booth this year? I'm sure that it wasn't cheap. I chatted with your better half for a few mins but that was about the only time that anyone was at the booth...I walked past at least two dozen times over three days.
We almost didn't have one this past year. We signed up for it and they wouldn't let us out of it without stiff penalties. We have not signed up for it next year and we won't. I'll be going in and out on my media badge from here on out.

It's a revolutionary new way to make sure the thieves know which bag to try and steal. Oh, wait. Not even that....
It's a revolutionary new way to let the plebeians know that I'm not joking around, I'm here to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom