No December 2015 thread? Really?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm there for 5 months, so I would need to bring, and keep, a big wad of cash on my premises if I brought down everything I need. For starters.

MMM,
I always get my CDN dollars converted to pesos prior to leaving Canada. What is the advantage of waiting to do the exchange in CZM?
Thx

MMM,
I always get my CDN dollars converted to pesos prior to leaving Canada. What is the advantage of waiting to do the exchange in CZM?
Thx

You gotta factor in the exchange rate. Sometime the banks to it for 'free' but, depending on the amount, you might have saved money to say Xoom it and pay a 4.99 fee.

(But then I love Excel, so I work this stuff out....)

Unless I hit the redneck 401K (the lottery) I can only dream of 5 month visits. I try to come down as often as I can and have about 4k MXN left from last month and hope to be having a beer at either Ohana's or The Pub by Saturday. By next Tuesday I should be down to less than 1K (unless an El Norte forces an East side bar crawl and I run low early) and I will walk over to Mega's Banamex ATM and pull out another 6K. It is a simple easy system.

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2015 at 09:18 PM ----------

Hey Chief, SB meeting at El Moro?

Last edited:
Updated with the last few additions. The lucky folks in red are currently on island, with four more (and friends) to join in the next two days.

Nov. 28-Dec. 12, Daz and Judi - Blue Angel
Dec. 1-8, Nitrox624 - Aldora
Dec. 2-9, tranetech, wife and 4 friends - Iberostar, Dressel
Dec. 2-16, HeatCker - Iberostar, Dressel
Dec. 3-14, kd did it, Colleen and Kathy - Villablanca

Dec. 4-18, cvchief, Susanita +2 - Casa De Jefe, Scuba with Alison
Dec. 5-12, fly2dive plus 3 - Casa Tres Palmas, Aldora
Dec. 5-15, gopbroek - Tres Pelicanos
Dec. 5-16, Timotay - Blue XTSea
Dec. 9-19, diverken374 - Villa Aldora and Casa Mexicana, Aldora
Dec. 9-April, MMM and spouse - own house, Living Underwater
Dec. 10-20, fireworkswi and wife - Residencias Reef, Liquid Blue Divers
Dec. 10-26, deepsea21 and wife - Casa Mexicana, Tres Pelicanos
Dec. 11-15, sometimes - Casa del Mar, Cozumel Marine World
Dec. 12-20, mstevens and family - Casa Suzana, non-diving
Dec. 12-26, meyerelie - Residencias Reef, Tres Pelicanos
Dec. 13-20, heavierthanlead and son - Casa Mexicana, Aldora
Dec. 13-21, cpichette and two sons - Peninsula Grand, Aldora
Dec. 18-28, Basscat - house/dog-sitting house, Blue XTSea
Dec. 19-29, Diver Rick - Occidental Grand, Pro Dive or Scuba Life
Dec. 24-Jan. 4, BB
Dec. 25-30, Scubachew and wife - Blue Angel
Dec. 25-Jan. 5, rmssetc and non-diving spouse - La Casona Real, Tres Pelicanos
Dec. 26-31, Prosdog and son - Casa del Mar, Blue XTSea
Dec. 26-Jan. 1, Queen Triggerfish and friends - Mi Casa en Cozumel, Tres Pelicanos
Dec. 26-Jan. 6, ron_dodge, wife and friends - Barracuda, Dive Paradise
Dec. 26-Jan. 18, macado -Aldora through 8th, then Scuba Club Cozumel
Dec. 28-Jan. 5, extremetito - Casa Mexicana, Deep Exposure
Dec. 31-Jan. 24, diverokc - hammocking at friends' houses, Dive Paradise

Hey! I'll be in Cozumel Dec. 28-Jan 5 at Casa Mexicana diving with Deep Exposure.
Do board members in the area connect while there?

Any chance anyone would want to do dinner/drinks on New Year's Eve? Just regular dinner time - I'm not attempting to stay up until midnight or anything. When I was about 15 years younger, I did ring in the New Year at midnight in Cozumel. I thought it was so funny how the bar literally cleared out at 12:05 so everyone could go diving in the morning. Anyhow, my friends fly out on the 28th and 31st, so would love to meet up with folks on the 31st. (Or the 29th or 30th would work too, but not quite as perfectly for me.)

Yes, definitely. Need to pick the date.....
Saturday the 12th is Ohana's and Sunday the 13th is the BBQ pulled pork special at The Pub, how about either Friday the 11th or Monday the 14th? Your call.
Gary

The Official: A Very Cozumel Navidad -- Dinner Meeting or:
Buy Jefe a Drink Night:
Diciembe 14th at El Moro at 1900 hrs. Mexican
(7 pm for anyone who can't subtract 12....)

Who is going:

CVCHIEF +3 at least.
gopbroek

FAQ:
1. Where is it:
a. Your taxi knows.
b. Go out the airport road, go south on 65 which at the airport. At the Caricol (GIANT Conch shell in the middle of the road) go east away from town. Turn left just before the Pemex gas station. JUST before. Go two blocks and turn right. (There is a sign. If you have eagle eyes and can pick out the 4 inch by 3 inch El Moro with an arrow) Go one block and turn right. Orange place on the right. DON'T park in my space.

2. What is so special about it?
a. It's El Moro with Ray. You know they made the Washington Post.
b. The food is awesome. For my opinion, best mole on La Isla.
C. The margaritas git er done. (You won't have to buy me that many.....)

I will also start a NEW thread!!

Thanks for all the info folks.

I haven't been to Cozumel since 1993, (it was the first place my wife and I dove warm together on a holiday) so I am looking forward to all the changes. I'm not happy that we ended up in an A.I. (its not really our style) but the package price with flights was too good to pass on, so we'll eat out in town a few nights anyway!

Rick

Saturday the 12th is Ohana's and Sunday the 13th is the BBQ pulled pork special at The Pub, how about either Friday the 11th or Monday the 14th? Your call.
Gary

We will be there at some point to say hi to Chris and Sharon. Not sure what day. The Packers play the Cowboys next Sunday at 3:25. However, the pulled pork will probably be all gone by game time.

I'm still dreaming about the mole enchiladas I had at El Moro a few years ago at Dandy Dons Birthday party. Unfortunately I don't get into Cozumel until the 26th and its a short trip, leaving on the 31st, otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat for your party. I've lived in San Antonio for 30 years and we have some great Mexican food, but El Moro was some of the best I've ever had. Anyone up for dinner there between the 26th and the 30th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom