No More Paper FMMs ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccannon707

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As of August 19, Cancun will eliminate the use of paper FMMs. Anybody arriving recently experience this?

From the article:
...Rather than fill out a paper Formato Migratorio Múltiple (FMM), most tourists will simply have their passports stamped for a 180-day stay. Now, instead of the FMM, they (INM - immigration) are just going to stamp them,” - normal tourists who come on vacation will not have to fill out the FMM, neither printed nor electronic, and everyone will be granted a permit to stay for 180 days.

Now we get to sit back and watch to see how it actually works in practice. Given the number of complaints among long-term and seasonal visitors about being arbitrarily given just 10 - 30 days at times, this might make Cancun the preferred port of entry.

Got the paper version earlier this month as usual. EDIT: In Cozumel.

Got the paper version in Cancun early this month as well.

Since I (almost) always fly in and out via Cancun - due to $$ and availability - this is interesting to me. However, I think I'll fill out my forms online, print out and bring them with me just in case. Will report back.
Here's the link to the online immigration form:

Flew in yesterday sunday same as before though united did not hand out focs. Were handed out on arrival

I arrived on Cozumel Tuesday with form ready. He tore his half but stacked it. I got my half. They could cut their paperwork.

Flew intoczm yesterday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom