Nortes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first trip to Coz was in January, a winter getaway - me not realizing it's winter still there too. :sad: I was a southern resort asking what the hell "Closed Port" had to do with where were were? :confused: Looking at the waves and chatting with some Oregon dives, I asked them if it ever got that good back home?! I had a lot to learn about Coz, but fortunately we got to go out that afternoon and the next day.

We are usually safe by mid to late March - but it's the weather - you never really know :) When winter is over in the states it's over here too :)

Christi,
What do you normally consider 'norte season' in Cozumel?

Christi,
What do you normally consider 'norte season' in Cozumel?

WEll, you quoted my answer - so I'm not sure what else you are looking for. Starts typically in November and goes through winter - whenever that happens to end - seems later every year.

WEll, you quoted my answer - so I'm not sure what else you are looking for. Starts typically in November and goes through winter - whenever that happens to end - seems later every year.
It certainly does here! 95 degrees yesterday, then another norther, freeze warnings tonight. :eek: We have wide swings on the dessert, but dang. I doubt it will get that far tho.

It certainly does here! 95 degrees yesterday, then another norther, freeze warnings tonight. :eek: We have wide swings on the dessert, but dang. I doubt it will get that far tho.
I dunno, the last one got there. This one blew through here a couple of hours ago.

I dunno, the last one got there. This one blew through here a couple of hours ago.
It's still 20 degrees warmer there than here. Coz looks safe on the 5 day forecast.

So November through April (and sometimes early May :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom