October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen that landshark! Gosh darn, if I knew he were so vicious, I think I would be more careful! My experience has been nothing short of honorary...so I am thinking...maybe he was circling in for the kill?
That's Ok, I have GREEN shark repellant!

We believe this type of shark is related to the "Entangled Reel Landshark" which is known for spinning a very intricate web of superstrength nylon that entraps its victims. It's a lucky thing you got away with your life! Is that repellent the green batshark repellant that they use on the Ambulance Chaser Landsharks (also known as Pretentious Litigationous)? I've hard it's quite effective if placed directly in their eyes. I've also heard, again this is second hand information, that they are very fond of steel. Perhaps you were diving with an aluminum tank, which may have made him curious as he doesn't normally see those in his environment. He may have just been checking you out.

Did anyone figure out who has the cabins rented? I am on a waiting list for them. Is it someone from Scubaboard? Please speak up! I have a tent but am not too fond of camping so if anyone has the cabin I will gladly split the cost.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
That the Carcharadon Litigationous, "Andy Landshark", may be descended from the prehistoric "Litigationous Sooalotavus" that frequented this area so many years ago. It is believed this prehistoric shark is similar to the Megamouth shark as is the Andy Landshark in its ability to engulf entire Surface Intervals in mere seconds. Although there are few photographs of this rare shark in its natural environment, records have been found pointing to its typical feeding grounds and frequent areas of activity. Join in the search and preservation of this mysterious creature by becoming a member of The Florida Conch Divers' Landshark Research and Observation Unit, or the Florida Underwater Biological Assessment Research Team. Stay tuned to the Discovery channel for a documentary on the landshark. Larn abou its habits, and environment and what you can do to further encourage its survival in its modern day habitats.

Oh,So thats what "FUBAR" means.Don't I feel like a dumas. I mean Mr. Dumas.
I always thought of it having a completely different meaning.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Is that repellent the green batshark repellant that they use on the Ambulance Chaser Landsharks (also known as Pretentious Litigationous)?
The repellant is commonally known as "csicpuquek" I have a picture, and you can clearly see that it has rendered the shark defenseless. Almost felt a twang of pity.
(love ya man! :10: )

That particular species of shark is not naturally occuring, but has evolved from alien hybrid experiments. So there really is an alien connection at Ginnie??

I have been a Member of F.U.B.A.R for quite some time. It has been several decades in fact, but I have yet to receive my certification card??:11:

And now for something completely different........

Cabin, They have Cabins????

And all I get is this dang old worn out tent....

Hossnfeffer.....

I finally made the decision to go ahead and join you guys. I am taking the GA PE (Professional Engineer) test on Friday the 28, and it will be the perfect way to decompress (or would that be compress?) after the studying and examming stress.

I just needed to figure out how to do it. I don't want to drive back to Atlanta and then to Florida, but I also don't want to leave my stuff in a 4Runner or unattended hotel room all day (not to mention another day's rent). So, I will just take my stuff down early and leave it with family. I will make it a shortish weekend, arriving Saturday and leaving Sunday.

See ya there!

I know how cumbersome those things can be. Also, leaving them in a hot vehicle all day is just asking for a disaster. Drop them off at the campsite so I can get them emptied for you, which is of course, a MUCH safer alternative for you than abandoning them and risking who knows what! I'm all about helping out, man.
Ya know, we just want everybody to be safe and have fun.

Our next topic for the day,... tangled, birdnested dive reels and how to prevent them in two easy steps.
First you must keep the ree***************** (signal interference) *********

We're sorry. This station is experiencing minor mental technical difficulties. Please stand by.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program:
Basketweaving for fun and profit.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I know how cumbersome those things can be. Also, leaving them in a hot vehicle all day is just asking for a disaster. Drop them off at the campsite so I can get them emptied for you, which is of course, a MUCH safer alternative for you than abandoning them and risking who knows what! I'm all about helping out, man.
Ya know, we just want everybody to be safe and have fun.

Our next topic for the day,... tangled, birdnested dive reels and how to prevent them in two easy steps.
First you must keep the ree***************** (signal interference) *********

We're sorry. This station is experiencing minor mental technical difficulties. Please stand by.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program:
Basketweaving for fun and profit.

Did you say REE...................... *******
(EEK) :11:

Jeano Beano

P.S. I would bring up someones name , but I'll let some other "fool" do that !!! :wink:

jeandiver:
Did you say REE...................... *******
(EEK) :11:

Jeano Beano

P.S. I would bring up someones name , but I'll let some other "fool" do that !!! :wink:

Andy, do you have any idea what she is talking about?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom