October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
Bad FRENCH accents?

Quotes never heard - "Wow - you have a nice French Accent"....

Well, this just looks too good to miss. Going to October Meet at Vortex with the Deep Dixie crew on the 15th, and now I can meet more Conchers and have a Florida kind of month. Is camping all they have there?? I guess I will need to see about a tent.

Thanks Corrigan for the fill info, may do that.

My car will only hold me and gear, but gets 50+mpg, so dont laugh. I will need to go get groceries after I get down there so the forgotten stuff, I can pick up.

I will probably arrive early on Thursday, so see you all there. BTW, how is grilled Otter??

Hozer

netmage:
Hey All,

What are the fees relating to diving and camping...?

Ginnie's website indicates:
$16 for camping... (includes General Admission) Scuba Fees extra.
$27 for Diving (Does this include camping)

Also - how much are air fills...?

-Tim
Yes these look right.
No, it doesn't. They are in addition to entry fees.
(Cave certified divers dive for $20 I think. Not sure if that includes cavern cert)

There is a camping fee and a separate dive fee. :(
Camping is all they have, unless you want to stay in one of the hotels near the interstate or in High Springs. The interstate is only a short trip, though.
Then again, we could always just tie a rope around your ankles and hoist you into the tree for the night. Although the raccoons get curious at night.

Point #1

I have seen many armadillos, but have yet to see one climb a tree.

Point #2

Hohhoh, I have no French accent.

Point #3

EMS is at least 20 minutes away, so I would be grateful if Andy did not camp out, the shock would be entirely too much for my fragile heart. Then again, he DID mention bringing lots of beer.

Point #4

The Fireman will not be in attendance unless his house is at least 2 stories by then. (Sorry, buddy)

Brewone0to:
Yes these look right.
No, it doesn't. They are in addition to entry fees.
(Cave certified divers dive for $20 I think. Not sure if that includes cavern cert)

Full cave is $20 ...
Anything below that is $27 ... (Apprentice and below)

(At least I think that is how it works...)

Jeano Beano

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Then again, we could always just tie a rope around your ankles and hoist you into the tree for the night. Although the raccoons get curious at night.

Hmmm, never been violated by a raccoon...., Armadillo either for that matter....

:11:

Marvel:
I know that this is going to floor a couple of folks (Jenny) but, please pencil me in. I've been hearing about these legendary events for far too long without joining in. Only concern is the new job that I start next week- & my severe lack of typing skills!
:11: Whoa.. The Marvelous Marvel would bring great amounts of laughter to this already crazy adventure... I must say... I, like Jenny, just about collapsed.. Come on girlie, get your butt back up here... :D

I don't think you should worry too much about the armadillos,racoons,otters(rabid or otherwise)and for that matter jack-o-lopes.
What you need to have concern for is that on many trips to there in the past, I've seen by far the LARGEST OWL I've EVER seen in my whole life. NO B.S.!!!!
When it takes to flight you can almost feel the pressure change as he goes overhead.

Brian

Hmmm ........ I wonder if we taste like chicken to him???

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom