orphaned cat..needs home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy:
I read in my cat book that was sent to me that cat's like running water becuase it tastes fresher. That they have real sensitive taste buds and can tell the difference between sitting aorudn water and fresh from the spickot.

Well, our cat is a bit out of the norm....when we soak our gear in water with a touch of bleach....THAT'S what she loves to drink. Go figure

justleesa:
Well, our cat is a bit out of the norm....when we soak our gear in water with a touch of bleach....THAT'S what she loves to drink. Go figure

It's the neoprene that the cat wants not the water or the bleach. :wink:

Just a word of warning for those who have cats that wander around outside... our vet said that drinking from puddles in the streets can be fatal, if they happen to contain car radiator antifreeze... Apparently the taste is very sweet to animals, but it can kill them in a very short time...

frenzer3:
Just a word of warning for those who have cats that wander around outside... our vet said that drinking from puddles in the streets can be fatal, if they happen to contain car radiator antifreeze... Apparently the taste is very sweet to animals, but it can kill them in a very short time...

I knew it tastes sweet to dogs and will kill them. But I read that cats don't have taste buds for sweets. But I guess if its wet and you are an animal, you'll pretty much drink anything.

Wendy:
I read in my cat book that was sent to me that cat's like running water becuase it tastes fresher. That they have real sensitive taste buds and can tell the difference between sitting aorudn water and fresh from the spickot.
One of ours uses the water bowl to wash his dry food and drinks from the toilet.
Of course, the first time we saw him with his head in the bowl, we discontinued the use of the blue stuff. It started when he was a kitten... as soon as we'd flush, he'd come RUNNING, hop up on the seat, and just WATCH the water swirl down. Watching turned into "patting" with his paw, and quickly turned into drinking.

Now if we would have only taught them to USE the toilet (and flush it)....

Wendy:
I knew it tastes sweet to dogs and will kill them. But I read that cats don't have taste buds for sweets. But I guess if its wet and you are an animal, you'll pretty much drink anything.
Somebody forgot to tell my oldest.

He tore open and ate an ENTIRE BOX of powdered sugar donuts. The donuts that weren't actually eaten were licked clean.
Three of the four also enjoy licking ice cream bowls clean... especially chocolate. They don't care for strawberry yogurt though :06:

Wendy, how is your cat doing? I agree with other people's opinion regarding declawing a cat. I think it is wrong, but sometimes people decide to go ahead and do it as the only option to be able to keep the cat. Personally i rather paying some extra money to replace an item that any of my cats might break with his/her nails, than removing their claws. Mainly because i dont think i would like the idea of someone removing my nails. But anyways, i really hope the cat and you are doing fine. How about you roommate? Did she agree on keeping her?
You got to take her diving :) I bet she would love the fish.
Actually that is a good idea, building some kind of casing (made out of tempered glass) with an air supply for your pet.....hmmm

wildDolphin:
Wendy, how is your cat doing? I agree with other people's opinion regarding declawing a cat. I think it is wrong, but sometimes people decide to go ahead and do it as the only option to be able to keep the cat. Personally i rather paying some extra money to replace an item that any of my cats might break with his/her nails, than removing their claws. Mainly because i dont think i would like the idea of someone removing my nails. But anyways, i really hope the cat and you are doing fine. How about you roommate? Did she agree on keeping her?
You got to take her diving :) I bet she would love the fish.
Actually that is a good idea, building some kind of casing (made out of tempered glass) with an air supply for your pet.....hmmm

Everything is fine. My roomie likes the cat, but she is hardly ever here and is moving soon anyway. The kneeding thing is better now that I had Lima Bean's names trimmed. The other night me, Lady my dog and Lima Bean were in my bed watching tv and Lima Bean started kneeding on Lady. And Lady let her. I was seriously hoping that Lima Bean wouldn't try to nurse on the dog, as she sometimes tries to suck on my arms. Everyone is getting along well.

dolphin

having worked for a vet declaw to me is a very painful to watch as it would be similar to chopping the tip of your fingers off. with that said having worked for a vet i know that there is a second option in that instead of removing the nail you can have the tendons in the nails clipped so that they cant extend them so to keep the natraul look but without the damage. now the down side is that some say its a less painfulrecovery for the cat but thats unproven. the cat can still extend the nails but there wont be alot of force behind it like if the tendon was there.

FWIW

tooth

Thought I'd send a family picture. Darwin Buffett, Lima Bean, and Lady.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom