Peacock open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better only one word than for my entire post to be stoopid. :D :D :D

Using your failed logic, then there is no mandate for speed limits, for government restrictions of any sort or even a mandate for a standing army. But again, thanks for the added traffic this is creating!

Edit: For those wondering, Castle Rock v. Gonzalez concerned a lady trying to sue three Castle Rock police officers and the police department for negligence in the deaths of her three children. It doesn't say or imply that they can't protect us, only that our guarantee of protection is limited. Nice red herring but it does not apply to this situation. I hope you're not a lawyer in real life. If you are, I hope you're on the other side's team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales

Last edited:
The supreme court ruled, in Castle Rock v. Gonzalez, that there is no constitutional duty for a government to protect its citizens.

Personally I'd prefer the government not even try to protect me. I'll take care of it.

Stoopid is spelled stupidly in your post.

It really is too bad the families and loved one of those that die stOOpidly didn't accept your philosophy and not seek legal action for everything that happens....and look for the get rich quick scheme in every death. What you say you want, in no way prevents your family/loved ones from pursuing actions that cause groups to look to "protect its citizens". FWIW, I am all for us taking responsibilities for our actions and agree with you there. But, I also accept that sometimes there are people with more information than I have that are able to make "educated" decisions that I would not be able to make (due to the lack of my information).

Edited....answered privately

Last edited:
Jim Wyatt posted this on facebook.

[h=5]We just completed a dive at Peacock. 25% of the cave we looked at had less than 20 feet of visibilty.

The temp was 68 degrees F from Nicholson Tunnel out...this is where the river water is still coming in and keeping the visibility low.[/h]

I still maintain that if you HAVE to have more than 20 feet of vis to get wet you're being a whiney little girl about it.

I frequently dive with two feet of visibility or less.

Not long ago I did a dive in about 20 feet of water in which my buddy and I kept bumping into each other as we dived--if not, we would have lost each other. We had very powerful lights, and we could barely see each other's beam, even when right next to each other. The difference is that we were not anywhere near a cave, and in the worst case scenario the surface was directly above us. I won't go near a cave with poor visibility.

I still maintain that if you HAVE to have more than 20 feet of vis to get wet you're being a whiney little girl about it.

Hopefully pure ignorance of risks & a massively over inflated ego.:shakehead: (especially when questioning the judgement of some of the world's best cave divers).

Hopefully pure ignorance of risks & an massively over inflated ego.

It's simply trolling. That's all he is doing. He was offered a FREE cavern course, along with FREE mentoring from another cave instructor, another cave diver, and myself.

It's simply trolling. That's all he is doing. He was offered a FREE cavern course, along with FREE mentoring from another cave instructor, another cave diver, and myself.

I remember. Either that, or he's someone with a serious death wish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom