Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's some sheer incompetence on the LDS. Hopefully, you get your DS soon.

Wow. All I can think is, sometimes patience may not be a virtue. When something falls through the cracks (regardless of the fact that it's never *supposed* to happen), the longer the passage of time, the less the chance that someone will be able to track down, or even remember your suit.

Good luck.

I never would have let it go so long, but since the people running your LDS were what you thought to be friends & you didn't really need the suit maybe I can see your point.
I had a Whites drysuit & really liked it, but when it was time for 1 for my wife & a new 1 for me, my LDS had started carrying DUI & we did the Dog Days. It was DUI all the way & I couldn't be happier.
My wallet, now that could have been happier, but I firmly believe you get what you pay for.

I personally would never have been as patient as you have been.
1 month and I would have said where is my suit. 2 months i would have called my credit card company and told them to cancel the charge on the premis that the goods were never provided by the merchant. Went and got a suit from somewhere else.

I personally would never have been as patient as you have been.
1 month and I would have said where is my suit. 2 months i would have called my credit card company and told them to cancel the charge on the premis that the goods were never provided by the merchant. Went and got a suit from somewhere else.

Only problem with reversing charges is that this was a suit sent in for repair/alterations...that could have set up a "hostage" situation of sorts. But a month is really as long as I would have waited before starting to become a nuisance.

well every time I asked they told me was in customs boy was I stupid for believing that .I hope they can get to bottom of this soon.either way I should have a DUI suit soon.

well every time I asked they told me was in customs boy was I stupid for believing that .I hope they can get to bottom of this soon.either way I should have a DUI suit soon.

Customs can be a pain, however, a major holdup at the border in Blaine, WA (where Whites suits come into the US) is typically 1-2 weeks. A minor holdup is 2-3 days. I am in Washington state and packages are received from Canada in 2-8 days after shipped. Add 5-8 business days to get to NC, depending on weather.

ok long short version dry suit bought last year , was sent back for alterations in Jan 2007 , still havent recieved suit back yet , being told from dive shop in customs ect ect ect noone from whites have replied to my emails: ect.
so short version is this patern or just my bad luck. .... the answer I got from the dive store, seems they gave it to there Regional Sales , seems he in turn was suppose to take care of it and apparently hasn’t not
You're getting Five Star, Platinum level, Elite status BS from your LDS. I'm curious - in what city is your LDS located? Don't need the name, just the city. PM me if you prefer. Know of a very similar experience in central NC (albeit with a different manufacturer) and would like to compare notes. Based on your location, it would seem most likely to be one of two shops, both of which begin with 'S'. You are getting a complete run-around from your LDS. Your suit may be sitting in a box somewhere in the shop and was never even sent. Whites is a responsive organization. Tyler Preston's email suggests the real problem - Whites has no record of receiving the suit. The suit wasn't given to any 'Regional Sales' guy - that sounds like a bald-faced lie! You don't 'give' equipment to a sales guy to return for modifications - they will ALL tell you to send it directly to the home office or service depot, etc. And, there aren't any unusual customs 'issues' for a DS to go to, or come back from, Canada, for crying out loud!!! It is not Afghanistan or the Ukraine. A week (or two) delay, maybe, as PPG mentioned. You need to go to the shop, in person; don't email, don't call. Tell them you have talked to White's, and their excuses are simply not true, and that you would be happy to place a call to White's right then and there, with them present, to resolve it. If you didn't pay the shop for the suit, then there is no issue. If you paid the shop for the suit, and they can't produce it, it is a legal matter - essentially they have stolen your property. Sounds like you have documentation from the shop that they actually received it (their lame email).

I payed the shop have the reciept and an email from whites that stated they didnt get an RA to return suit, .yes your right on about the shop SS was good like that !!

Back
Top Bottom