Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well i given up tried to visit store cloesed ect winter hrs , and no response from whites South Regional Sales Manager
Eric Keating

Maybe it's time for a certified letter to the shop? That might at least get a response.

Small claims court could be an option too.

someone asked the name shop well its in Pinehurst NC and letters are SS. and yes its a padi shop.

I ordered a DUI TLS350 with Zip seals, P valve, knee pads and a few other options in Late November, was given December 23rd for a ship date, I picked her up on Dec 11, almost two weeks AHEAD of schedule. Very happy with DUI. Also, in our area we have a factory trained DUI repair guy, wrist seals in a few days for $70.

well i given up tried to visit store cloesed ect winter hrs , and no response from whites South Regional Sales Manager
Eric Keating

Time for small claims court. Nice guys always finish last. That dive shop should lose their dealership from White. BTW I dive a White and very happy with it.

well i also ordered a DUI TLS350 dry suit should be in hear in about two weeks .

someone asked the name shop well its in Pinehurst NC and letters are SS. and yes its a padi shop.
So, it is Sandhills Scuba in Pinehurst. Unfortunately, whether it is a PADI shop or not probably won't help as much as the fact it is a Whites dealer. Surprising that the responsiveness from Whites has fallen off, although it is quite likely that they are trying to touch base with the shop to get more information before replying to you, and are having the same problems making contact that you are. Whites is a good organization, and I suspect they will follow up with you fairly soon.

Yes that is the shop I tried my best to keep there name out of it especially since I thought I knew the owner and shop well, like I said up till this. I have never had a trouble with them went to several trips with same Cozumel several trips off coast of NC, several trips to quarry's and to Fla, its just got to point I am extremely upset and feel like my friendship had been taken advantage of.
It may be possible whites are waiting to hear back from the dive shop not sure, can only assume that.
Hears copy letter I sent to Eric southern regional sales whites:

Last time I was in there shop carol said bet you wondering wear your suit is
Of course

Said yes then said it’s in customs, well turns out they told me that they
Gave it to the

Regional sales assuming they mean you not sure who, this was last year
Towards the end

Some wear between, November 06 - January 07, all I know is I bought the
Suit, I tell you whole story,
Seems a fellow diver in training ordered suit, didn't
Finish his training

After some time they sold the suit to me supposing for good deal, well I
Have never

Received same, I had tried on suit it needed some alterations to lower half
Of suit feet

Was big and length too long, they told me they would send it back to be altered,
But I have to Pay alterations cost agreed, since suit never been in water or out of store.

Never seen again, given constant run around,
Tired of

Hearing in customs ECT. To be honest at this point wish I just had my money,
because not

Sure I get boots suit and polar insulation that went with it now, since it
was one of

Complete package suits.

Sand hills scuba has in past always thought been good to me.

I have tried to keep there name off the internet part just because I am not
that kind

Person, I work as a paramedic, my wife let me get that suit last year was
suppose to be

My Christmas present so much for that, in fact she as limited my Spending in
there store

To close to nothing in 2007 because of this reason, she would not let me
Dive with them at all, and for me that was very unusual.

Carol and Richard has really disappointed me in this one, I dove last
year with

Other groups, like gypsy diver and down under scuba, discovery diving,
Olympus, all

My charters I did my self instead with shop, don't get me wrong I am by no
Means a big Spender, but I did believe in supporting my local shop,

I don't for see me ever getting my suit with all the extra's that was
suppose to go with it,

Even though was new suit package. I have just wrote a check and ordered a
new suit from

DUI, needless to say I had to do some traveling to order same and get
measured,

It is expected be in first of February 2008. I really don't now what else
to say but hearing

That they didn't even have a RA really makes me upset, sounds to me they
never sent suit in at all or sold it to someone else. Again my repeated
Emails have no reply and lately have no time to go to shop.
I have left several messages on there answer machine again according to my machine or callier ID no response.
Could you please?
Assist me in this matter.
Thanks Joe kamer

I have a Pinnacle that has never fit since I got it. Sent it to Pinnacle and still does not fit . Never seen water. Was going to replace with a Whites. But now looks like DUI, which was my first choice before being sold a Pinnacle on "Special Sale".
Good Luck

I don't know the time limitations to reverse charges, but they suspend the charge and debit the retailer back pending an investigation. It would, if your story is absolutely correct, be a strong case if they disputed the reversal.

If you paid cash or check, well, they hold all the cards. Maybe White's, since they've been flamed a little on this thread, would put a littl eheat on them as well.

I can't figure out if White's isi totally blameless in all of this. Obviously, someone's not happy with their service, though.

I feel the same way with USIA. they absolutely demand that dealers send in repairs. My former LDS really screwed me around, and I made USIA tell me they wouldn't accept my work except through an LDS. So, my first USIA suit will also be my last.
LDS's don't deserve protection like that.

Back
Top Bottom