Power Inflator O-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigken462

Contributor
Reaction score
Was hoping someone may have a list of O-ring sizes for an old style Dive Rite power inflator handy. I have one that needs to be cleaned and serviced after it started leaking some.

I have the proper tools, just not sure on what size O-rings to look up.

Thanks,

Ken

Should have checked here first before taking the pictures for the other thread. Thanks Tobin. I guess you got my e-mail by now. I got your tools and they worked like a charm. No safe a dive kit should be w/o them!!!

Everything I needed in one simple video. Awesome!

Kenny

do you know what duro should be used for each o-ring?
@V&G: For this kind of power inflater, I've used o-rings with a durometer ranging from 70 to 90.
I've only used EPDM and Viton o-rings for this application, but I'd be willing to bet that Buna-N works well, too. :idk:

Hope this helps...

@V&G: For this kind of power inflater, I've used o-rings with a durometer ranging from 70 to 90.
I've only used EPDM and Viton o-rings for this application, but I'd be willing to bet that Buna-N works well, too. :idk:

Hope this helps...

No need for EPDM or Viton, although they probably work fine. Nitrile (Buna N) is the most common.

I have used both 70 and 90 duro with similar results, although I now skew towards 90 duro for barrel oring in the cartridge valve. The rest of the orings are static (except the oral inflate) and it really doesn't seem to matter.

Tobin

2 cool_hardware52:
Talking about dure 90 you mead a pair of 006 o-rings on cartridge valve piston? Because cartridge valve barrel is static also, doesn't it?

By the way, looks like Scubapro TSS talking about duro 85 for all o-rings used in inflater.

Thank you :).
Looked the video about DSS power inflater servicing. They called it "Valve spool". But I think we are talking about the same thing.
So, do you propose to use duro 70 for static components and harder duro for dynamic parts?

Thank you :).
Looked the video about DSS power inflater servicing. They called it "Valve spool". But I think we are talking about the same thing.
So, do you propose to use duro 70 for static components and harder duro for dynamic parts?

These inflators are very forgiving with respect to oring duro.

Given the spool or barrel orings have to slide past orifices which can "nibble" at the oring I suspect the harder ones will wear better.

In actual practice I usually rebuild my inflators when they get sticky, not because they are leaking.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom