Power Inflator O-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found O-RingsOnline. They market to the paintball industry, but they have the #006 BN90 at a good price. They also let you order in small quantities and have free shipping on orders over $2.50.

I just found O-RingsOnline. They market to the paintball industry, but they have the #006 BN90 at a good price. They also let you order in small quantities and have free shipping on orders over $2.50.
@bkotheimer: Great info. Thanks. I'll use that supplier for any smaller orders.

The only other thing to note is that the Buna-N o-rings have a shorter shelf-life than viton and EPDM o-rings. Consider that most of the o-rings are going to be sitting in your dive closet for years (assuming you're ordering in bulk).

Got my number sixes from Orings-Online and installed them on the cartridge valve. Let me say that the journey the o-rings have to take from the tip of the cartridge valve to the groove where they sit is NOT for the faint of heart. This is a tough installation.

Last edited:
Tobin

What is your proposed maintenance recommendation if any for the DSS inflater? Every year or two?

I was kinda surprised to see this old thread pop back to life. I think it was O-ring USA where I ended up getting mine from. I put a order in for just near every imaginable size O-ring that I thought I would use for valve, tank and BC service. For the most part, they are dirt cheap, and for some reason I figured I would need a 100 years worth of Orings when I ordered mine. Although they are kept sealed in a dry box in the closet, I would suspect they will become brittle way before I ever use them up.

If something came up and you were not able to get those from the feller that offered you a few, PM me your addy and I'll pop some in the mail for ya.

Kenny

I am still using O rings from when I swapped to EPDM fifteen years ago.

Kept in zip-lock bags and also plastic compartmentalised boxes.

The old ones are as consistent as the new or later ones kept separately.

I also keep all usable removed different flavored ones for spares and ODDS
because what you take out did not necessarily belong there in the first place.

Even nitrile low duro uninstalled has a very good lifetime span.

Viton is junk.

The finger-ometers work exceptonally well for duro and condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom