Power Inflator O-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironically, I was in my LDS myself just earlier today looking for these same #006 o-rings for the very same purpose (the valve spool on my DSS inflator cartridge). They did not have any.

Tobin, can I order these from DSS via phone, or do you have a recommended supplier?

@bkotheimer:

Online web sources for o-rings include:
OringsUSA.com
Aoptec.com
Divegearexpress.com
McMaster Carr

I recommend ordering the o-rings as a part of a larger order. Shipping costs for a small number of o-rings can actually be higher than the cost of the o-rings alone. YMMV.

If you want, I can rummage around in my dive locker to unearth some -006 o-rings. I think I have them in EPDM duro 70. I could pop 'em in an envelope and send them to you via regular USPS. Just PM me your address.

Bubbletrouble, I may take you up on that kind offer. However, this also gives me an excuse to put in a larger order with DiveGearExpress, doesn't it? :)

The real bummer is that I just ordered the inflator service tool from Tobin a week or two ago and I should have ordered the o-rings at the same time. Of course, I didn't know I needed the o-rings until I received the tool and disassembled the valve! But they're always good to have on hand, I guess.

Ironically, I was in my LDS myself just earlier today looking for these same #006 o-rings for the very same purpose (the valve spool on my DSS inflator cartridge). They did not have any.

Tobin, can I order these from DSS via phone, or do you have a recommended supplier?

We don't sell orings. There are very good online sources as noted in this thread.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin! I believe I've learned a lot searching for these o-rings just on the sites suggested here. Am I correct in inferring that a Viton 006 o-ring with a 90A rating is the same and good for dive gear whether it comes from the automotive industry, the "scientific-industrial" world or an actual scuba supplier?

Seems a silly question, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks Tobin! I believe I've learned a lot searching for these o-rings just on the sites suggested here. Am I correct in inferring that a Viton 006 o-ring with a 90A rating is the same and good for dive gear whether it comes from the automotive industry, the "scientific-industrial" world or an actual scuba supplier?

Seems a silly question, but better safe than sorry.

Viton is not always "better" If you aren't exposing the orig to high pressure high fraction O2 you don't need it and Nitrile may work better.

Power Inflators are low pressure devices....

Tobin

If you aren't exposing the orig to high pressure high fraction O2 you don't need it and Nitrile may work better.

Do you mean that Nitrile o-rings are preferred choice for power inflater?
What's the difference between Viton and Nitrile o-rings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom