PT-015 discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Now would our lenses and strobes work with an Ike Housing?

Hmm.. that's the big question.. the lens, as I understand it, fits into the housing on the outside??
I'm guessing it will as it has to be compatible with all housings or vice-versa.. but definately check with Ike before buying...

Strobes, I believe they'll work but the synch cords will lprobably have to be replaced for whatever connection Ike has on it's housing... but both things are something to check out before just purchasing a replacement housing...
That's why I mentioned the "Door stop" syndrome..

It's a little more complicated than "Just going out and getting a replacement" wish it weren't but having gone through a close senario, it hit me in the face... Whoaaa.. not so simple... :eyebrow:

Hmm.. that's the big question.. the lens, as I understand it, fits into the housing on the outside???
Yup, on the outside. Just ordered my lens last week :)D)...I'd be pretty pissed it I can't take care of the leak trouble I'm having and can't get a replacement for the housing...after finally buying the tray...the arm.... the second arm & extentions ...the strobe...and now the wal.

I wouldn't call it door stop though...I'd get mad and make art out of it...lol
And I stopped painting to take pcitures!

One other thing I remember though. They guy at the photo shop said as far as Olumpus America goes...the PT-015 is only available on back order, but that Olympus Japan would continue to deliver...so Yuzo might be the way for the near future

The WA lens will work, same size 67 mm threads.

As for strobes, you can get fiber optically connected strobes to work, it's not pretty, so I hear, but it works. No idea re: the ttl capability now offered by Ike, haven't followed that issue.

Chris

Same here....noi problem with the lenses. Our D-180 strobes would work but it may require a bit of ingenuity to use the FO clamp or find another way to attach it. I haven't researched that aspect. I'll deal with that IF and when the occasion arises!

I just ordered a backup PT-015 from Yuzo...I would see myself moving to dSLR in the much distant future, but in the meantime, I just don't want to cope with having to wait for a new housing should something happen to the current one. Ike would definitely be my second choice for this camera. And as long as we have the camera, it will continue to go underwater with us - always someone wanting to hire/borrow/learn! So it's worth it for me.

alcina:
I just ordered a backup PT-015 from Yuzo...

So? Alcina, I've seen this Yuzo... name around in several places, I'm not familiar with it, where or what is it..
Inquiring minds wanna know??? :10:

I have a friend who is looking for the PT_015, and I sent her to the link at the beginning of this, but have heard of the Yuzo before... is it good??
What is the link?? if you happen to have it??

thanx much...

Yuzo is the owner of UW Digital Camera in Japan. He is great to do business with..helpful, not pushy, prefers payment through PayPal and I always receive stuff in 4 days.

fpoole - yup, what Dee says. I haven't received anything yet as I am still deciding exactly what strobe. I will finalize stuff this afternoon and I'll let you know how fast I receive everything.

Yuzo has been great.

Great, thanx both Dee and Alcina, I'm at the site right now.... heheh.. now looking for a Yen to $$ converter...using Yahoo but not coming out right... so on to the next one..
Thanx both, have it bookmarked... and yet another source to contend with...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom