Pure O2 @ Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx everyone for help! I am coming Jan 5th, staying at Casa Mexicana and diving with Roly at Dive Cozumel. 100% O2 fills 20$.
rgrds
Tomek

The chamber has oxygen (they have to) so they get it somewhere.

oxybank.jpg

e-mail: cozumel***snetwork.com (that's cozumel@-s-s-snetwork.com, remove the dashes)

call: 8721430 or 8722387

or Fax: 8721848

Perhaps they'd be willing to tell you were they get it.

Will airlines allow O2 tanks on planes full or empty? I thought TSA would not even allow empty air tanks on board.

Will airlines allow O2 tanks on planes full or empty? I thought TSA would not even allow empty air tanks on board.

Per TSA regulations and my own personal experience you can transport cylinders. Empty of course with the valves removed so they can do a visual inspection.

My wife carried two 30 c.f. ponies down with her in her checked luggage with no problem.

Nitrox is available on Cozumel, so they have it at the fill station(s), too.

Right, but my dive op in Coz said they used a membrane style Nitrox system there. Is is possible to "turn up" a membrane Nitrox filler to 100%?

-Charles

Right, but my dive op in Coz said they used a membrane style Nitrox system there. Is is possible to "turn up" a membrane Nitrox filler to 100%?

-Charles

I don't think so. I thought that the fill station(s) on Cozumel built Nitrox by partial pressure filling, in which case they would have O2 on hand. Maybe not.

If they are doing PP fills, don't expect to find any O2 at above 2200 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom