Pure O2 @ Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meridiano, the only fill station in Cozumel that fills nitrox uses a membrane system. They have to due to the volume of nitrox we use in Cozumel.

Poy bottles can be checked in your luggage with the valve removed and of course empty. When I travel with mine, I cover the opening with saran wrap so they can still see in, but the inside of the tank is not jeopardized.

To get trimix, you'll have to go through one of the tech operators myself and others have listed previously in this thread. But don't plan on diving trimix on a recreational charter. If you're going to do tech diving, then whoever you're diving with will get it for you anyway.

The chamber brings in their own oxygen tanks, but of course it's not for public use. It's strictly for medical purposes.

bottles can be checked in your luggage with the valve removed and of course empty.

True. You can carry them on as well but keep in mind the size/weight limits.

TSA: Compressed Gas Cylinders

"Compressed gas cylinders are allowed in checked baggage or as a carry-on ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed..."

-Charles

True. You can carry them on as well but keep in mind the size/weight limits.

TSA: Compressed Gas Cylinders

"Compressed gas cylinders are allowed in checked baggage or as a carry-on ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed..."

-Charles

If you choose to bring your pony and end up with overweighted luggage...just be prepared to pay the $25 overweight fee...as long as it's still under 70 pounds...no big deal. Of course it would be nice not to have to pay...but $25 isn't a deal breaker to most people after spending thousands on a vacation.

If you choose to bring your pony and end up with overweighted luggage...just be prepared to pay the $25 overweight fee...as long as it's still under 70 pounds...no big deal. Of course it would be nice not to have to pay...but $25 isn't a deal breaker to most people after spending thousands on a vacation.

FYI, American Airlines went up to $50 as an overweight fee for baggage up to 70lbs. Some people on our T&C trip found that out the hard way. Apparently the new rules went into effect on Nov. 15. I don't know if any other airlines have bumped up their pricing for overweight baggage.

FYI, American Airlines went up to $50 as an overweight fee for baggage up to 70lbs. Some people on our T&C trip found that out the hard way. Apparently the new rules went into effect on Nov. 15. I don't know if any other airlines have bumped up their pricing for overweight baggage.

American is also more notorious than any other airline for knickling and diming their passengers. They also charge for on board snacks...Continental hasn't followed suit on that one yet.

I persoanlly avoid American Airlines whenever at all possible...this is just one more reason why.

Hi,
Not exactly.I am taking my Meg CCR over there, ergo I need pure O2. Also I am taking my son with me. He has only about 60 dives under his belt, so we gonna do rather recreational diving.
'Central filling' by this you meant almost any operator can get me pure Oxygen?
thx
Tomek

I have dove RB the last 2 trips to Coz. I booked through Protec Playa, who now have a shop on the Island I am told. Protec Playa - tp
They are a great bunch of folks and will be diving with them again in January.

They will also rent tanks with tiger mounts for your meg so leave them and your sorb at home to save the weight.

I have dove RB the last 2 trips to Coz. I booked through Protec Playa, who now have a shop on the Island I am told. Protec Playa - tp
They are a great bunch of folks and will be diving with them again in January.

They will also rent tanks with tiger mounts for your meg so leave them and your sorb at home to save the weight.

I definitely know about these guys in Playa, but I haven't been able to find out if in fact or where they have opened up in Coz.

I definitely know about these guys in Playa, but I haven't been able to find out if in fact or where they have opened up in Coz.

I have to talk to Matt anyway, I'll get back to you.

I have to talk to Matt anyway, I'll get back to you.

Thanks! It would be great to have another tech operator on the island to refer tech divers to :)

Deep Exposure on 10th around the corner from La Choza appears to do tec as well. At least I have been seeing doubles and stages on their boat. Also a CCR the other day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom