Questions about P-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as the issue about how to connect the cath.? My IT has the same type of valve and uses a zip tie or two to make the connection. He also uses a cork to plug the hole when the valve is not in use, as a precaution so as not to leak.
Joe

As far as the issue about how to connect the cath.? My IT has the same type of valve and uses a zip tie or two to make the connection. He also uses a cork to plug the hole when the valve is not in use, as a precaution so as not to leak.
Joe

There's GOT to be a better solution than zip-ties and corks ...

A rep contacted me today. I had already also been contacted by the shop I purchased the suit from, and they told me how to re-orient the valve connection.

Now if I can get a source for a quick-disconnect fitting I'll be a happy camper ... dived the suit last night, and really like it.

If I had it to do over again I'd get the pockets and not use the X-shorts ... they tend to turn into low-riders during the dive. I'm working on a solution to THAT problem this evening ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A rep contacted me today. I had already also been contacted by the shop I purchased the suit from, and they told me how to re-orient the valve connection.

Now if I can get a source for a quick-disconnect fitting I'll be a happy camper ... dived the suit last night, and really like it.

Would you be able to post a nice detailed description (maybe including pics??) for others having the same problem and don't want to risk damaging the valve or losing the seal.

Thanks!

If I had it to do over again I'd get the pockets and not use the X-shorts ... they tend to turn into low-riders during the dive. I'm working on a solution to THAT problem this evening ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Im working on a QD source for you :wink:

Glad to hear you liked the suit, and Im sorry about the valve, I hope your dives in the suit made up for it. :wink:

the cable tie thing was suggested to me, I wasn't keen on it. The medical tube adapter works well if you can get you hands on one. At about 2 cents each most hospital have hundreds lying around.

Brendan

Bob, I think LJ sells them for the She-P, I know that sounds bad, but she might be a local source.

Dave

Yes, Bob, Laura has them, with and without check valves, at a very reasonable price.

Cool! Hopefully she'll be at the dive this evening and I can talk to her about it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

condomattached.jpg

Back
Top Bottom