Rashes from diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume the OP is not flying from SE Asia to the Caribbean to dive, since that would be insane. Caribbean divers should consider whether a rash might be from what is commonly called "sea lice," but is actually caused by jellyfish larvae.

Not sea lice for me. I saw the dr today. She gave me two rx to try. One is a steroid cream, one an antibiotic. Will try each on a separate section of the rash. Never using the common rinse bucket again for my wet suit.

Not sea lice for me. I saw the dr today. She gave me two rx to try. One is a steroid cream, one an antibiotic. Will try each on a separate section of the rash. Never using the common rinse bucket again for my wet suit.

I never use the <anything> bucket for anything.

I'll deal with a salty wetsuit if I have to and soak the regs and mask when I get back to the room.

And just in case anybody is thinking of defog, I consider the "mask rinse bucket" to be the "pinkeye bucket". There's plenty of water in the ocean to rinse my mask.

flots

Agree, as to mask, I never put my mask in the communal bucket.

Thanks so much for all the info and suggestions. Will check out the Fourth Element products. Meanwhile, I will try to avoid wetsuit on the buttocks.

On my next trip in cooler waters, I will wear lavacore top with lycra shorts underneath and remove the full suit during surface intervals.

For warm water diving, I will use only lycra rash guard and shorts. Lavacore top for night dives.

Drying out, in between dives during multi-dive days is a must. Sitting around in suit all day is a open door for nappy rash and thrush.

I hope you find the solution

Nic

Drying out, in between dives during multi-dive days is a must. Sitting around in suit all day is a open door for nappy rash and thrush.

I hope you find the solution

Nic
Thanks so much for the reminder. I will be more diligent from now on.

Back
Top Bottom