Recommendation for "low end" computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been certified for 6 mos, using the tables. I'd like to buy a decent wrist computer for less than $400. Is this realistic? Also, I'd like to get one that can be adjusted to be more "liberal" or "conservative" if possible.

I have an OMS EANx you can have for $175

The next time you are in SIngapore, just stop by any dive shop. Because of the competition here, you can get most common dive computers for close to or well under US$400. :59:

junko:
I've been certified for 6 mos, using the tables. I'd like to buy a decent wrist computer for less than $400. Is this realistic? Also, I'd like to get one that can be adjusted to be more "liberal" or "conservative" if possible.

The first thing you should decide is how liberal or conservative you want it to be. Suunto computers allow a 60ft dive for 49 minutes... while the Palegic computers (Aeris, Oceanic, Sherwood, Genesis) allow a 60 ft dive for 57 minutes.

I personally use the Aeris - and it is easy to be more conservative... you can set PO2 alarms at 1.2 - 1.6 PPO2, you can set max depth limits, and as far as the normal deco time... just don't push it into deco. I tell everyone, diving with a computer is easy... jump in the water and don't let the big number hit zero... If you want to be conservative... don't let it hit 5, want to be very conservative... 10...

And you can get into that type of computer with audible alarms, flashing LED alarm, downloadable, water activation, wrist strap, or retractor ... blah, blah etc, etc for closer to $300 than $400.

I dive an Orca Pilot $250 and it's nitrox compatible, water activated, has an audible alarm (that doesn't go off every time you move your arm), can be adjusted for altitude and a host of other things. Can't download it to a PC though. I love mine.
Ber :lilbunny:

Suunto Mosquito.

Leisurepro.

$300.

Friggin awesome.

I second the Aeris Atmos 2 recommendation. I have mine in the console with a compass, HP disconnect and the knife on the back, but if you want wrist mount it will serve you just fine.

Its a great computer, easy to use and program. Plus you don't have to remember to turn it on. Just jump in and it starts working.

Aeris Atmos 1 Wrist Computer 174.95 at scuba toys

my LDS has 2 used tusa imprex II wrist computers for 100 each. i'm sure they will ship them to you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom