Recommendations where to do Open Water course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, I'd prefer to get the best instruction possible, via personal recommendations from others. I felt at our (my son and I) initial OW instruction, we got very poor training. I was lucky/fortunate enough to find another dive shop that I did my AOW with, that was excellent. At that point I then realized how much I did not know and how lacking the original instruction was. Just plain got lucky.

Being in the northeast of the usa, I would always recommend someone do their training in Key Largo Florida. Although I do see the logic of learning in not ideal conditions, I also see the fault in that. In Florida, rather than battling surge, cold water, and little to no visibility, one can focus on buoyancy, getting used to their/the gear, and doing drills. That I find more important in the beginning.

Lastly, I would not assume that the most exotic, lavish, picturesque locations are automatically the best instruction. They could be, but just as likely they are not. Choose well......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom