REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have zero economic interest in any of this since I don't own a VT3, but I think it's pretty neat that consumers got together and said "We'd like to see XYZ product made", Tobin was up for the challenge, and came through with what is apparently a nice piece of gear.

Hats off to the master! :D

It is great to see a company that is responsive to customer requests! I received mine yesterday and in no time had my VT3 removed from the factory mount and into the new one. Much appreciated, these mounts are far more secure than a watch strap, particularly if you use 2 pieces of bungee.

Thanks.

John

I was going to sell my VT3 because I bought a VR3. I did not like the buckle oem strap from Oceanic becaue it always loosens at depth. I was trying to figure out how to put a bungy on the mount if I pulled the straps off. But I wanted the vt3 as backup so I didnt sell it right away. Last week I googled vt3 wrist mount to see if anyone made one and yee-ha wouldnt ya know it the freaking answer was under my nose. I am so happy, I couldnt get my order in fast enough. Ive got it now. I used the one piece bungy, the thickest I could use. I looped it like the pictures on this thread. Not the cross-over, although that looks cool too. I made it large enough to fit over my drysuit and when I go warm water I will just loosely tie the 2 knots together at the top to fit on my wetsuit. What a great unit. Thanks DSS.

I was going to sell my VT3 because I bought a VR3. I did not like the buckle oem strap from Oceanic becaue it always loosens at depth. I was trying to figure out how to put a bungy on the mount if I pulled the straps off. But I wanted the vt3 as backup so I didnt sell it right away. Last week I googled vt3 wrist mount to see if anyone made one and yee-ha wouldnt ya know it the freaking answer was under my nose. I am so happy, I couldnt get my order in fast enough. Ive got it now. I used the one piece bungy, the thickest I could use. I looped it like the pictures on this thread. Not the cross-over, although that looks cool too. I made it large enough to fit over my drysuit and when I go warm water I will just loosely tie the 2 knots together at the top to fit on my wetsuit. What a great unit. Thanks DSS.

You are most welcome. I try to never forget that I could not do "my thing" without satisfied users. Thanks for the order.

Tobin

My LDS looked at the bungie mount and the dude said, "That's a nifty idea!!!" I think that he's going to order a few from DSS to stock with his Aeris/Oceanic comuters.

I'm lacing mine up as we speak.

I love it when consumers are listened to! THANK YOU!! I had planned on ordering one, but after using my VT3 as a wrist mount, realized I wanted it on a retractor instead of my wrist. Bummer, but thanks anyway, the bungy is a HUGE improvement.

Another thanks to Tobin and everyone involved in producing this mount. It is really cool to see a project like this develop, and to see a company work with its customers to make a product that people are interested in. I will be ordering mine soon. Thanks again!

Yep, and this bungie mount led to my purchasing a Suunto compass with the DSS bungie mount as well.

I have a Versa Pro it looks identical to the ones shown in the pictures. Any idea if this would also work in the boot? All the cool kids are sporting DSS mounts, I need one too!

Back
Top Bottom