Routing the 7 foot hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, since you are in a BC and not a bp'wing (right?) try tucking the excess long hose in the front under the cumberbund of your BC.

Second if the hose is getting cuaght on the first stage when deploying it, maybe you are not deploying it correctly. Don't try to 'unwarp' the long hose from around your neck, just lower your head down and slide the long hose over the top of your head and hand it to the OOA diver.

Have you dived with any other more expereinced divers with a smiliar set up? DOn't try to learn everything off the internet, find someone in your area with a long hose and go dive and practise.

Ah some good ideas Wendy! I'm diving a BC with rear inflate so I will try and route it under my cummerbund next time and remember to duck my head.

DrSteve:
Ah some good ideas Wendy! I'm diving a BC with rear inflate so I will try and route it under my cummerbund next time and remember to duck my head.

Just be sure not to get it entangled in your cummerbund/waist strap.

When diving with a long hose, it's a good idea to start each dive with a team check that the long hose is completely deployable. It catches all sorts of things, such as light cords gone astray, or necklace regs put on in the wrong order. I usually do one prior to getting into the water, and then once again with the team so I can see that my buddy's long hose is deployable as well.

Joe Talavera

I am so with you on the buddy check. It's a standard BSAC procedure but seems to be ignored by PADI/SSI et al. I check all my equipment and I expect my buddy to check their's. Then I check them and they check me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom