Salt or Fresh Water?

What makes for better diving --salt or freshwater?

• The ocean any day!

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Keep mine fresh!

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Freshwater, but only if it is warm.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fresh or Salt, if it's deeper than the swimmin pool, I'm in it!

Votes: 77 62.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake diving around here is cold, boring and you run the risk of getting an Yamaha hair cut....

Plus Puget Sound has O. Dolfieni......

Make mine salt, please....

I love 'em both! I enjoy the salt water when I'm down in the Carribean, and the fresh water here at home.

My entire diving carreer up to becoming a DM was in fresh. Here I sit in Central Florida with oceans to the left and to the right, and I logged a 104 dives in fresh water BEFORE I got the taste of salt. While I still enjoy fresh, I have got a hankering to do more salt water now that I found it. BTW, the reason became quite clear during my final DM skills test... My instructor just didn't like salt! Night dives in Flrida are fun 'cause of the gators, but nuthin' is cooler than seeing a hammerhead cruise by in the dark... other than maybe watchin' your buddy walk on water afterwards!!!

I prefer Salt Water. I'm so close to it here in Puget Sound, WA. I enjoy seeing wild life while diving and salt water has so much more diversity and quantity than any fresh water diving I've ever done. However, my fresh water experience has been just three lakes here locally and one of them (Lake Washington) looked like a moonscape. Nothing to draw me back.

Not enough of either one, so count me as anyplace but a pool.

Me, I'm very specific

1) must be wet
2) should be deep
3) should have wreck or reef
4) must be close to "Apres-dive" facilities

"salt or fresh" is like someone saying to me "Ferrari or Lotus" - answer is "Yes Please - either. Both?"

I had to join the anything as long as its wet clan. I've had a good mix of fresh and salt. About 50/50 in my log. I would honestly rather dive salt due to the color and variety of life.

Depending on where I dive, I also sometimes rinse my gear after diving fresh water.

Tom

but I will dive in salt water. I just don't like the salt water in my mouth and on my gear...:yuck: The wrecks in freshwater, especially the cold water are in great shape. ( except for the zebra mussles).:flame:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom