SB Report Card: Part 1

How comfortable are you posting and/or starting a new topic on ScubaBoard?

• I have no problems posting freely

Votes: 157 74.8%
  • I post on occasion, but hesitate to do so.

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • I look, but don't post.

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubameg

Mermaid
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have no problem posting freely, but I tend to lurk (and not post) on the Basic forum. I know sometimes what I wrote is not how I meant it to come out. My wife says I am retarded on the internet, and I've allowed alcohol to interfere with common sense while posting more than once.

scuba meg I do not hesitate to respond with my honest opinion and now I am like wookie, but did not refrain and have been jousted from posting on some forums.

I have things I could add, but eventually they get said, or never said and it will be a mystery for a member, but Oh well, thats the way the ball bounces.

I have no problem creating threads or posting, but I do it less and less on the broad interest forums. I post mainly in the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew, Kentucky Piranha Patrol or Instructor to Instructor forums. The large forums have gotten to be both too hostile and too pedantic in my opinion.

I have no problem posting freely. On occasion I catch some flack, but on reflection most of the time either I wandered into a known battle zone (religion, politics) or I said something stupid and was called on it.

Interesting poll!

Funny, had to answer 'post freely' but in actuality I read 200x more than I post ...
The SB community has a ton of great info and experience to share.

My vote would be "All of the above" if there was that choice! I have no problem posting/starting a new topic concerning things I have experience with but I'll just read other topics. Most of the time, my viewpoint has already been expressed multiple times and usually much better than I could hope. Thus, I would not be significantly contributing to the discussion.

I never looked at any boards until I got interested in diving about a year ago. So I really can't compare boards.

I tend not to be very sensitive to comments in real life, and haven't been terribly put off by anything directed at me on SB. I kinda expect that some folks will be really kind and helpful, and some folks make stupid comments when they are bored. Face it, alot of newbie questions have been asked a million times before.

I also think that I tend to be sarcastic and tease in real life, so its fair that I get it back sometimes. Being sarcastic is also partly regional, so some people are more used to it than others.

That being said, I can't express enough gratitude to those at SB that have provided guidance for me along my diving pathway. The patience that some of the active posters have shown with newbies who haven't a clue, or worse than that, semi-newbies that think that they know alot more than they do, is simply amazing.

Anybody who looks at my post count knows I have no problems posting or starting threads :)

I've gotten my butt kicked more than once. I try not to take it personally, and I'm successful 99% of the time. I remain convinced that, with the exception of a few folks with vendettas, if you respond politely and rationally, you'll take most of the fun out of the nastiness for the people who try it.

SB, like all internet boards, appears to be an exaggerated microcosm of the real world. I have no problem posting or initiating threads, but occasionally I will give my self a 'time out' from certain areas, like the Pub, because the intensity of the discussions and what I perceive to be a a lack of logic, brings the debate down to emotional responses. I admit I am frequently out-debated by prolific writers, but do not concede my position. Therefore I choose to just remove myself.

In non-Pub threads, many times I do not reply because there are more experienced divers/instructors who usually provide ample response.

Edit: For the record, in long threads that I choose to just skim, I will always take a moment to read a response from TSandM. :thumb:

Reactions: D_B
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom