SB Report Card: Part 1

How comfortable are you posting and/or starting a new topic on ScubaBoard?

• I have no problems posting freely

Votes: 157 74.8%
  • I post on occasion, but hesitate to do so.

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • I look, but don't post.

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I promise to be nicer in the pub Gary... :D

You have a very PC way of saying you are stubborn :D

:rofl3: Imagine it getting emotional in the pub. :shocked2:

I love SB. I have Pm'ed a few to ask for dive tips on dive trips

Have identified formerly unknown species... to me at least. :D

NWGD for me is a great brain to pick as we are neighbors and he is almost my SB mentor.... just dont tell him that. :wink:

I live rural so this SB has become my cyber coffee house.

And I get to learn things the not so hard way.... by reading someone elses learning experiences :D

Thal and Iz have taught me much as well, in a journey I never thought I would walk. :idk:

And where else could one learn about the famed Warhammer maneuver (Oh hold it that is all over every scuba forum isnt it..... my bad :D)

Frightened of Canadians? Huh?

I post a lot, sometimes even in regular threads :wink:

I've freely talked to and asked questions of friends I have made here, but am a bit leery of sharing stories or questions "outside" .. the thin skin I have balks a bit to do so after being here long enough to see some of the less than kind responses
...right now I'm screwing up courage to post in NWGD's "do you always follow your training?" thread (which so far has been grand in letting people tell their stories without recriminations .. something I applaud every one who's posted there for doing)

I think the New Divers and Basic Scuba forums with their tighter posting rules has gone a long way to improve retention of new people to SB and to their posting here

Edit: and I'm always interested in what TSandM has to say .. thoughtful/insightful posts

If I feel like I have something useful to contribute, I don't hesitate. I don't post a lot, though, because there are so many people on SB who are INCREDIBLY knowledgeable that I figure it's better to just read and learn. :)

I have no problem posting but as a new diver I have a lot to learn and there is a wealth of info here. So for now, I am more content reading and benefiting from other people's experiences

Anybody who looks at my post count knows I have no problems posting or starting threads :)

I've gotten my butt kicked more than once. I try not to take it personally, and I'm successful 99% of the time. I remain convinced that, with the exception of a few folks with vendettas, if you respond politely and rationally, you'll take most of the fun out of the nastiness for the people who try it.

Nobody spoils MY fun, I don't care how damn nice they are..

I have no problems posting but I am frightened of Canadians....

Are they here? :shocked:

Dont let them see me.

Be careful, I hear if you see one there is a dozen more you cant.

Well, I can't help any of you about the Canadians, but I'd like to hear from some of those that are hesitant to post.

I can appreciate your hesitation to post if you are a new diver, but what about the rest? Do any of you ever feel intimidated to post something even if you know it will help?

Back
Top Bottom