Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the four color display option. The pics i'm looking at are of the compass with the 4 different colors. Looks real nice

Yea I'm going to have to stop looking at the video's the display does look really good.

Wow, that's great news! If I hadn't just bought two full facemasks this weekend I'd be scrambling to find a store selling these. Hopefully the rechargeable battery is also removable and replaceable. It appears to be based on the photos in the manual. I don't really love that they've abandoned the irda connector in favor of a wired one. They probably are still smarting from how long it took them to get support together for win10 and you can't charge over irda. Still they could have used bluetooth and Qi (wireless) charging.

We did 8 diver hours on the G2 this weekend. The G2 is compact, easy to read & very simple to use. We have the G2 in stock.

upload_2017-6-5_7-50-13.png

Compact? What are the dimensions of the screen?

Looks like a winner. I like the clean screen display. But I am happy with my Perdix so I will not be purchasing the G2.

GJS

2 1/8" wide by 1 1/2 " high.
I just measured my Luna screen. It's 1 5/16 by 2 5/16. So g2 is barely narrower and barely taller than g1. Probably an imperceptible difference.

What are the pricepoints on the G2?
G2 wrist unit only - $1050.

G2 complete with LED transmitter & new heart rate monitor that takes the divers temp. and integrates it into the algorithm - $1450.

I just measured my Luna screen. It's 1 5/16 by 2 5/16. So g2 is barely narrower and barely taller than g1. Probably an imperceptible difference.
Great point! The G2 screen is much larger proportionally than the body.

The G2 body is 2 3/4" wide by 2 1/4" high. The Galileo Sol/Luna is 3 9/16" wide by 3 3/16" high.

The G2 body is very robust and compact. However the screen is large and easy to read. In your hand, it feels solid & well designed.
upload_2017-6-5_8-47-50.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom