ScubaPro R109/R156?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well spotted, Master. That is the first "official" reference I've seen that actually calls it an R109.

My 109 is in perfect condition screaming to be put back into use as a balanced reg but I have put off too updating too long and now cannot find g250/g200b kits with poppet's or separate poppet, spring and balance chamber. If anyone knows where to find or would be willing to sell, please let me know.

Or is it an R109? SCUBA USA Scubapro Classic R 109 Diving Regulator Patch - eBay (item 310285420080 end time Jan-16-11 17:24:01 PST)

Well spotted, Master. That is the first "official" reference I've seen that actually calls it an R109.

On the other hand, after checking out this vendor's patch collection located in the Philippines, I asked him if they are original or aftermarket, his reply was, "... l can not guarantee it is an original." and the gigs I've seen against him were, "Authenticity of item questionable.”

So Master, if you were just yanking my chain, you got me!

On the other hand, after checking out this vendor's patch collection located in the Philippines, I asked him if they are original or aftermarket, his reply was, "... l can not guarantee it is an original." and the gigs I've seen against him were, "Authenticity of item questionable.”

So Master, if you were just yanking my chain, you got me!

I figured it was probably aftermarket by somebody who dove and didn't know what else to do with his idle patch making machine. Just look at the shape of the logo. :kiss2:

My 109 is in perfect condition screaming to be put back into use as a balanced reg but I have put off too updating too long and now cannot find g250/g200b kits with poppet's or separate poppet, spring and balance chamber. If anyone knows where to find or would be willing to sell, please let me know.

Are you in Moscow, Russia? If so, you should be able to buy the parts you need at either a dive shop in the city (there's got to be several) or through the mail at a European shop. The kit no longer includes the poppet, so in addition to a rebuild kit, you need the poppet, spring, and balance chamber. In the U.S. those three parts should be less than $15, which is still somewhat of a rip considering two of them came in the kits until fairly recently.

Interestingly, in the 1983 catalog, the 109 part number was used for the orange exhaust tee'd version of the 109, with the black exhaust tee'd version being part number 105.

Then, in the 1988 catalog, the 109 part number became the conversion kit for the balanced adjustable (which was part 150 with a black exhaust and part 152 for an orange exhaust).

Wheee!

Tex, mon ami,

You need to find a few more regs in need of rebuild.....

couv

Just go over to your favorite dive shop and pick some up. The spare parts situation in Europe is a lot less tense than it is in the US.

Hey, if you do the upgrade but you have the duro poppet in the 109 can I talk you out of it? I've got the older style in two of my 109s.

Back
Top Bottom