Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I first tried, I didn't think the frog kick was very efficient in the Seawings, but with practice I found the "sweet spot" to make it more effective. I don't backward kick, so I don't know how they compete with other fins.

Has anyone seen the white fins in shops yet?

Just got an email from the online shop saying, Scubapro cannot deliver the 2 sets i ordered till mid December... :shocked2:
that's a few days before my Sipadan trip! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Yes, my LDS has a few. They look really different! I imagine you could identify your buddy really quickly if (s)he was wearing them!

Can you find another place to order your fins from? My LDS has several pairs hanging in their shop. Don't know if they ship overseas or not, though. They're not an online shop.

Thanks for the info Jupitermermaid.

I could order from another site except, I've already paid them for something else that was supposed to be shipped with the fins. Ordering the just fins from another online store would only incur additional shipping costs. [By the way, it's bloody expensive to ship gear from Europe to Asia! It's such a rip-off!!]

I saw these at the LDS, went in for a lesson in "fins". I am still a rookie at all this diving stuff, but my snorkel fins just never seemed "right", so I did some reading about the splits, the AL slingshots, and saw the Seawings, and had to have em, fugly, but they look like something Batman would use! I ordered them last sunday from Leisure pro, they arrived on Thursday.....$125 Off to Cancun/Cozumel in 3 weeks....:wink:

I have a pair and they work well. I will admit they take some getting used to, due to their stiffness. They require less effort that other fins and are easy on my calve muscles. Very durable and fits like a glove. I do struggle with frog kicks, maybe it is my technique? It is not the best fin out there, and they are expensive$$$. Overall 8 out of 10

I saw these at the LDS, went in for a lesson in "fins". I am still a rookie at all this diving stuff, but my snorkel fins just never seemed "right", so I did some reading about the splits, the AL slingshots, and saw the Seawings, and had to have em, fugly, but they look like something Batman would use! I ordered them last sunday from Leisure pro, they arrived on Thursday.....$125 Off to Cancun/Cozumel in 3 weeks....

Rodman,

Where did you get the Seawings for $125???

I love these fins. They are without a doubt the lightest ones I've used in 28 years and I use them a lot in the pool and open water. They take the fatigue out of kicking and you get plenty of propulsion. Just need to practice with them to get your kicks down.

$125? They must be left over from the pre-release sale the shops got. They were availablr for $99 for a very short time. Now $150+.

I have had mine for about a month. I currently have jet, twin jet, and twin jet max fins. Out of the four sets of fins these are the easiest on my legs. They have become my preferred fin for most of my diving.

I have found two faults with mine. The worst thing is they are extremely slippery on a boat. The first time I put them on I was on a boat I have dove off over 100 times this year. I stepped on the platform an almost slid right off. The foot pocket come all the way to the back of you foot so none of your boot touches the deck. They are made out of a slicker rubber than the jets or twin jet. But unlike the twin jet max they don't have any grips on the bottom. Once in the water they are great. The second I have been unable to do a good frog kick in them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom