Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More slippery than 111, less stiff too. I noticed my set getting harder to turn, I had taken to just using what ever was sitting close by, I removed all that I could of the random stuff and used the supplied grease and they damn near turn them selves now.
I only applied one coat of the stuff that came with.

This is what I've used every 4 or 5 dives on my Waterproof set.

Screenshot_20230114-185753_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The Rolocks I've only made a few dives with, so still figuring those out.

With the super lube and the WP it works great. I've made over 100 dives with those never had an issue. Lube every 5 dives or so... just a very thin layer.

I use the same super lube on anything with an o ring (mainly lights I guess). Works great.

Did you use the supplied silicone?
Yes, I used the supplied Silicone. Then tried a little Christolube, which is less tacky. My conclusion is that the o-rings were too plump out of the box. O-rings can deform and they seem to have loosened up slightly, otherwise I could not turn them at all.

Tolerances in o-rings can vary. The company could have easily tested these by attempting to turn them before shipment which would have been a big tip-off--no movement without extreme effort out of the box.

This is in contrast to the diver I quoted above who found the cuff easy to turn directly out of the box, at first.

Yes, I used the supplied Silicone. Then tried a little Christolube, which is less tacky. My conclusion is that the o-rings were too plump out of the box. O-rings can deform and they seem to have loosened up slightly, otherwise I could not turn them at all.

Tolerances in o-rings can vary. The company could have easily tested these by attempting to turn them before shipment which would have been a big tip-off--no movement without extreme effort out of the box.

This is in contrast to the diver I quoted above who found the cuff easy to turn directly out of the box, at first.

I don't really have enough experience to give any insight, but if I was in your shoes I think I would try doing what @lexvil did and remove all the stuff on the seal and try to reapply.

Ordering new o rings for that cheap doesn't sound too bad either.

This is just my opinion without extensive experimentation, having light lubrication on not just the o ring but also on the caming surfaces are the trick, there is a lot of pressure along the locking surfaces as you twist them on, that is where I think the problem arises.

This is just my opinion without extensive experimentation, having light lubrication on not just the o ring but also on the caming surfaces are the trick, there is a lot of pressure along the locking surfaces as you twist them on, that is where I think the problem arises.

My set came glazed just about everywhere... I wonder if that's why they work.

So I sent an email to them directly from the link on their website and no response. I then sent the same request in reply to the email I got with the order / ship date (had an actual name in it) and had my response the next business day. I really didn't want to call overseas.

So are you saying the suit would have fit fine with the 250 UG if you had not gained weight after ordering the suit?

Well, that is pretty hard to say. It did fit and was diveable with the 250, as it/I was. It just wasn't/isn't AS comfortable as diving with the 150.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom