Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! :) Mine on my Nova are the wider ones, too.

For some reason, on the Ultra, they don't offer the wider braces as an option.

I think it's when I let the tension off of them that they will slip. E.g. they are tight, but I bend down and it relaxes the tension on them.

I think if they were pulled so tight that they always have tension on them, then they would probably not slip. But, I don't like them THAT tight.
If I don't have them "that tight" they tend to slip off my shoulder (mostly the right shoulder) for some reason. I think I need to move the brace in the back up to prevent this, I've moved it a little ~ twice I think.

How far up your back is that?

For reference I am fairly broad shouldered, so they really shouldn't slip (but do)

If I don't have them "that tight" they tend to slip off my shoulder (mostly the right shoulder) for some reason. I think I need to move the brace in the back up to prevent this, I've moved it a little ~ twice I think.

For reference I am fairly broad shouldered, so they really shouldn't slip (but do)

Right in between my shoulder blades is my target for that. But, if that doesn't "work", then higher. I can't see any problem with having it all the way to the top of the shoulder blades.

Mine slipped off my shoulder too, then realized the brace in back was too low, moved it up and haven’t had a slip since.

I will move it up more then, maybe then I won't have them so tight and I can join everyone with having them slip out of the clips, LOL

That's how mine are set up and they slip. I've a temporary knot in them and the crotch strap until I get the tri-slides fitted.
The previous owner of my Seaskin tied the crotch strap's extra length in a very neat knot; I had to untie it at one point, and I found that re-tying it was a simple and relatively elegant solution.

Can we discuss the undergarments or should I start a new post.. or is their one and my search skills are south?

If so.. first question out the gate. If I ordered it today... lets say the 150undergarment. Any idea on time to be sent and get here?

Shipping date for a 150 undergarment is June 23rd. Order date was May 16th.

Sure, np. Mine do not seem to slip ever. Sometimes my right shoulder falls off, but even that hasn't happened in a while. I have mine pretty tight.

That's how mine are set up and they slip. I've a temporary knot in them and the crotch strap until I get the tri-slides fitted.
Mine are set the same way. I just figured out that if you pull on strap perpendicular to how clip is positioned (clip is vertical and you pull horizontally) it will slip quite easily. If you pull in the same direction with clip it holds well.

Mine are set the same way. I just figured out that if you pull on strap perpendicular to how clip is positioned (clip is vertical and you pull horizontally) it will slip quite easily. If you pull in the same direction with clip it holds well.
Mine just slips no matter what way it’s pulled. Hopefully the tri-glides sort it. Will find out in a couple of weeks when I’m back from holidays.

I don't really have enough experience to give any insight, but if I was in your shoes I think I would try doing what @lexvil did and remove all the stuff on the seal and try to reapply.

Ordering new o rings for that cheap doesn't sound too bad either.
Thanks everyone.

Just to follow-up: I did clean up the joint and reapplied lube ... still stiff. Then after a number of dives--leaving them attached to the suite--trying different lubes, working the bayonet mechanism when not diving, the Rolock mechanism did eventually loosen up. Now it is working as expected. I purchased replacement o-rings but did not use them.

The upshot is that the o-rings needed to compress a little. Variations in the o-ring thickness may lead to this problem for some and not others.

After all that. I do like this glove system. Once the gloves are rotated on, they never come off underwater. And I can now get them off with wrist action without vice grips. They are quite reliable.

The silicon grease in the screw container that comes with system is a real piece of work, as some have mentioned. That stuff is sticky and gets everywhere. Anything in a tube is easier to deal with--super lube, even Danco grease.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom