Shearwater computer help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's up with the sock?

@Joneill, who's foot it is, may need to field that question!

I don't wear flip-flops enough to own white socks yet. : D

... Do like the new shearwater products but don't own any yet.

Proud late adopter Predator user,
Cameron

Cameron

Yeah, well, better that sock than the gnarly bare feet and fugly toes you sometimes see in pics online. Why DO people have to include their feet in pics?

Yeah, well, better that sock than the gnarly bare feet and fugly toes you sometimes see in pics online. Why DO people have to include their feet in pics?

I simply don't know.

But here's a photo of my Shearwater Predator:
received_259454694700720.jpeg

--couldn't resist :D--

The Teric is new, I saw one in Truk in June where they we’re doing the final shakedown, I’ve been wanting one since and should have one in hand soon, I do have the Perdix AI, no complaints but the teric will probably end up getting more use.

But here's a photo of my Shearwater Predator:

--couldn't resist :D--

My eyes, my eyes. Get some bleach, where is the bleach? I need something to wash my eyes.

For the OP, the photo of the Perdix and Teric together gives lots of info. Also remember underwater things are slightly bigger. That said trying both in a pool may help.

Cameron
Lol - my foot: ankle high running socks never worn with flip-flops - only with sneakers :)

I do like the compass on the Teric better. If that matters to you.
I only own 2 petrels and a NERD2. I wish they could put the Teric compass in the NERD.
I have no issue running a Petrel on a week long liveaboard in the Bahamas (did that last year). Use it with a drysuit all the way down to just on my dainty bare wrist.
The big display also comes in handy when your buddy wants to check on you. They can just look at your computer.
I do like that all I need to do on the Petrel is put a battery in and I am good for a solid week of diving without thinking about it, and a couple of months past that if I do Lithium. I'm not a huge fan of having to charge the computer, the NERD2 is that way and I kinda with I had the NERD1 with replaceable batteries.

They are all good. If drysuit button pushing might be an issue take your suit and gloves to the dive store and put them on and try it. Even the Petrel I have to locate it just a little up the arm to keep it clear of the rings for the dry gloves.

I am doing rec single right now and sometime next year start working on side mount. But I understand what you mean by being crowded.

When I started sidemount I had to change a bit of stuff due to over crowding. I put the backup bottom timer on the wrist slate that had the cut tables under it. Compass moved to back of the hand (which I really prefer there now). The chest clutter was bad, especially when the drysuit got added in. Hose origami. And you have to layer them correctly for everything to work right. That was just 2-tanking it. Add the 3rd tank and it was already so busy that it didn't really add much. And somewhere in all that I usually had a gopro in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom