Shearwater computer help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@MargaritaMike Next question what is everyone using to power their Perdix, when I called DRS yesterday they recommended Saft batteries.

I find AA batteries are more than adequate, however I have a bunch of 3.7V 14500 Lithium batteries lying around and they give a LOT longer usage than the AA. They are also around the same price as the SAFT but rechargeable so the cost becomes negligible pretty fast.

I have two Perdix AIs. I am a recreational diver that doesn't do intentional deco diving anymore. I just suck my gas, watch the fish, and blow some bubbles. I use AA Alkaline batteries. I think I might like a Teric, but I use my computer as a computer and my watch as a watch. I have a Tag-Heuer dive watch that I got in 1986. I love my Perdix's. I use the straps with the snaps, but I know quite a few folks who use bungee cord. It's all a personal preference. If you use bungees that are provided, watch the video on tying them onto the Perdix.

You won't be unhappy with either one (double negative).

Cheers -

I set my Perdix up with two independent 4mm bungees, wore it on wrists for a bit
then with the same bungee configuration, lashed it to a Suunto console intertwined
with a slate that I set up with the same bungee, and all that lives on my chest.

Close to a couple of hundred dives later 30ish of which were spent next to a Petrel
also lashed and with the original bungee and it ain't goin nowhere.

well except to do spg orings and to change battery in a tech 2G that's also in there.

full.jpg

Safts have both worked and not worked

full.jpg

I bought a few 18 months ago, the battery with the darker green, a more pronounced slash
and made in France read 3v and did not work in the Perdix.

full.jpg

I found that "originals" seemed to have the faint far less pronounced slash

So I stick with photo lithium from either the gas station or from the battery shop where they are half the price

No way rechargeables for my computers they stink, although I have not tried the current crop of batteries
even though I am very happy with the cheapest Chinese ones in my lights that do not stink

Feel free, but forget the compass working properly intermingled like this

Well I am 35 and I don’t have the best vision but I don’t need any correction within a few feet so that’s not really the issue. My LDS instructor has been doing this for awhile so he prefers a console for the size, angle of viewing, ease of access to buttons on a dry suit with gloves (dry/thick neoprene), and also the bungee setup on the console for deep dive compression. I don’t really have an opinion one way or the other, I have a nice TAG Aquaracer for the time so I am just looking for the “best” computer I can get that I won’t need to replace in the next few years. The only major difference I see are size/ shape, LED V.S. AMOLED, battery/ rechargeable, dive memory and I believe depth. What it boils down to is how many people on here that have a perdix feel the need or want to change to or add a Teric?
You will soon need correction for reading, so get the Perdix!

Back
Top Bottom