Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were in another thread that ran its course before this week.

Oh, I see.
I have noticed a few references in this thread regarding anti AI people making posts, and wasn't sure what they were referring to.

So having GTR on one TX only is pointless unless you only have 1 gas

That said, GTS is a waste of screen space

I'm not sure what you mean by GTS.

There are a lot of people doing a LOT of diving with only 1 gas.

Even if someone is diving with back gas and 1 or 2 deco gases, having 1 TX and a GTR display that only accounts for that one gas can still be useful. For example, as a secondary preventative measure to ensure you don't use so much back gas that you can't complete your deco on back gas, in the event you lose your deco gas. For example, if one were doing a solo deco dive.

Oh, I see.
I have noticed a few references in this thread regarding anti AI people making posts, and wasn't sure what they were referring to.

Yeah, some pretty ridiculous statements from some pretty rabid SW fans. I imagine they won't be repeating their statements now that SW has announced the availability of AI on the Perdix.

I think it's a great move from SW. Hopefully these quality products will get into more people's hand.

Personally I would never use AI but I can see the appeal especially in single tank diving.

I'm more excited about the cloud storage for my dive logs. Be really nice to see some phone/tablet based software to edit my logs right on the boat while they are fresh in my mind.

That would require internet access on the boat, which is not a given, depending of course on where you typically dive. As long it's in addition to a regular accessible log format, no problem, if it's only cloud-based, beware.

I think the Perdix AI is the computer the Uemis SDA could/should have been, waaaay back in 2009. Still one of the best computers (from a user perspective, not necessarily quality :p) I ever used.

That would require internet access on the boat, which is not a given, depending of course on where you typically dive. As long it's in addition to a regular accessible log format, no problem, if it's only cloud-based, beware.

True... unless the app implemented a syncing and caching mechanism... so not really true at all. Just depends on the app and the developer.

True... unless the app implemented a syncing and caching mechanism... so not really true at all. Just depends on the app and the developer.

MacDive supports syncing with the Shearwater computers via Bluetooth. You could certainly do that on a boat and then sync up to the cloud when you have a signal.

Good point, I admit I read that to mean 'upload to cloud, then edit' rather than 'upload to app, then edit, then upload if/when possible'. The latter makes more sense given the nature of the device and its connectivity options.

I have not played with the Subsurface mobile app (even though the desktop app is my main logging tool), but I think it does something like that. Let's you capture some dive data while on site (like GPS coordinates and manually entered data), and then syncs it into your full log file when you have connectivity. I really should try it out. I would like to start capturing GPS coordinates for the wrecks I go to. Looks better on a map than a bunch of push pins all on the marina I went out of. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom