Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with bungees, but didn't like dealing with the switch from drysuit (wrist rings) to wetsuit to bare arms, so I went to the SW wrist straps. Not as bad as some folks say, but I'll probably go back to bungees with really big loops and tuck in the excess like @Beau640 suggested.

Without commenting the external design of the transmitter, this issue has been discussed before on SB. Based on my experience, it is easy to mistakenly grab the transmitter rather than the tank valve. In particular, getting on a dingy or RIB in bumpy seas, the boat crew might grad the transmitter by accident. One solution is to attach a small 4"-6"' HP hose to the transmitter to the 1st stage. Search SB for similar threads and alternative solutions.

I didn’t think about this. I was on a boat dive and when I turned on my air I heard a hissing noise, the deck hand comes over and tightens up the AI. But before he did that he turned on the air, I heard a pop. When we found it was still leaking air after tightening, we took it off and found the gasket broke. Replaced the gasket but noticed the transmitter was no longer working. Not sure when or how the AI transmitter came loose, wondering if someone tried to twist it to be sure my air was on before the dive

Dear friends, how does the screen of PERDIX AI underwater look like if use sidemount? Can not the picture find on web.

If you configure it in a way that makes sense, it has the left tank pressure shown on the left side of the center row (presuming OC Tec mode) and the right tank pressure on the right side of the center row. Otherwise, the same as back mount.

I have no idea about OC Rec. I haven't used that mode ever.

Has anyone seen this failure mode in a Perdix AI de vise:
- not flooded
- battery brand new full strength
- computer actually works and logs entire dive (read on)
- display fails at some depth between 30 and 50 feet
- after the dive and after the computer times out or if battery is removed and replaced computer appears fine. Dive log is accessible, all functions appear working.

Here is what I see during the dive (happened three times so I took photos the last time):

Working down to 46 feet (many other pictures at 6-46 feet):
Meter OK 46 feet.JPG
Note that the backup computer and the Perdix match and display is readable.

The Perdix display seems to lock up and get misaligned and pixelated at 48 feet:
Meter failed at 48 feet.JPG

Note that the backup reads 56 feet and the Perdix does not. Also not the Perdix display has the 8 in 48 screwed up the last 0 in 3 min safety stop screwed up, the Nx32 screwed up.

Perdix stayed this way for another 30 minutes or so and then screen went completely dark:
Meter went completely dark.JPG

Now back on land and many hours later meter powers up and display is fine. I can access the log and the above dive is there in its entirety with all depths and time correct.

1st picture: how they are tied

2nd picture: how it's fitted for dry suit and sits loose on my arm without a suit before pulling it tight

3rd picture: ends pulled tight and tucked in. Doesn't come loose during dive at all. Comfortable and nothing hanging out.

Brilliantly simple! :thumb:I just set mine up this way. Thanks for sharing!

Shearwater was very responsive and the device is on its way to their service center.

Repaired tested and returned. All under warranty so only cost to me was a few $ to mail it in. Sadly I never got the Shearwater desktop working so all the logged dives are lost (except of course I have my hard copy log book).

Repaired tested and returned. All under warranty so only cost to me was a few $ to mail it in. Sadly I never got the Shearwater desktop working so all the logged dives are lost (except of course I have my hard copy log book).
Did you have a problem with the Shearwater desktop?

Thanks,

Win

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom