Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you have a problem with the Shearwater desktop?

Thanks,

Win

No, I never got that far, I was never able to link my PC to the Shearwater. I was using a W7 enterprise OS (company PC) which I understand is not supported. So I will try again when I get a new PC next week.

Last edited:
I was using a W7 enterprise OS (company PC) which I understand is not supported.

Do you mean that Shearwater software won't work on Windows 7?

Do you mean that Shearwater software won't work on Windows 7?

More an issue with the computer hardware requirements than with Shearwater Desktop. Older Shearwaters used Bluetooth 2.0 to communicate, which works fine with Windows 7. Perdix AI (and newer Perdix units) use Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) which isn’t supported on Windows versions older than 8.1. Check out New Perdix's use Bluetooth Low Energy only - Shearwater Research for more details

More an issue with the computer hardware requirements than with Shearwater Desktop. Older Shearwaters used Bluetooth 2.0 to communicate, which works fine with Windows 7. Perdix AI (and newer Perdix units) use Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) which isn’t supported on Windows versions older than 8.1. Check out New Perdix's use Bluetooth Low Energy only - Shearwater Research for more details

Only Bluetooth not possible to establish link with a USB cable at all?

Didn't the Perdix AI come with a Bluetooth USB dongle?

Didn't the Perdix AI come with a Bluetooth USB dongle?

It does and I tried that in vain hope it would avoid the W7 restriction. It doesn't. It is just another bluetooth radio but the OS is the problem not the radio.

Perdix AI not supported on Windows 7

Also, I have learned since this older thread that, apparently, older Perdix supported Bluetooth AND Bluetooth LE, but current production Perdix (non-AI) now only support Bluetooth LE. So, a new Perdix (non-AI) also will not work with Windows 7 - I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom