Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it confirmed the Perdix will work with the Oceanic/Hollis transmitters? I've heard the rumor but nothing confirmed.
Yes. I saw this at DEMA.

Is it confirmed the Perdix will work with the Oceanic/Hollis transmitters? I've heard the rumor but nothing confirmed.
Here is the email I received from Shearwater a week ago:

upload_2016-11-22_11-19-16.png

Yes. There's a post earlier in the thread with info from Shearwater on how to look at a transmitter and tell from the FCC Id that it is compatible - just to confirm it for a specific transmitter that you might be looking at.

I bought the Perdix AI yesterday evening. I was able to pair it with both of my MH8A transmitters from Hollis. I can post a picture when I get home from work tonight.

I have not played with the Subsurface mobile app (even though the desktop app is my main logging tool), but I think it does something like that. Let's you capture some dive data while on site (like GPS coordinates and manually entered data), and then syncs it into your full log file when you have connectivity. I really should try it out. I would like to start capturing GPS coordinates for the wrecks I go to. Looks better on a map than a bunch of push pins all on the marina I went out of. :)

That is the case. Unfortunately, the iOS version has a problem with capturing GPS data (it drains the battery so much we had to turn that off). But you can always take a picture of the dive site (possibly on the boat) with the phone. This stores GPS information in the image. Once you include that image with the dive in the desktop version of subsurface it uses that pictures's GPS location as the location of the dive.

For what it's worth, MacDive is extremely efficient on the battery with its background location tracking.

I bought the Perdix AI yesterday evening. I was able to pair it with both of my MH8A transmitters from Hollis. I can post a picture when I get home from work tonight.
I was just playing around with my new Perdix AI and found that pairing it was a snap after my old eyes were able to insert the correct transmitter serial number.

IMG_2168.JPG

Nice. Yeah, reading that serial number can be a bitch, especially once the print on the sticker has worn off.

The Eon, automatically brings up the Serial number. However you need to make sure you do it in isolation otherwise you're in the same boat trying to read the SN to double check

Because I take my TX off I write the last 4 of the SN on the TX, to identify it (with a paint marker) I don't know how you would Identify the TX on a Perdix?

I wish (for all manufacturers) that you could store a nickname in the TX, so when it's displayed you know which is which ( Say DD Back gas) or DD Deco) etc I guess that would need a non volatile memory in the TX?

Nice. Yeah, reading that serial number can be a bitch, especially once the print on the sticker has worn off.

It's a joke by all manufacturers. I was needing to re-install windows, the code was even too small for my 15 year old to make out. In the end we went the tried and tested way of taking a picture on the phone and zooming in. Who decides the Point size of a font anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom