Solomons in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I went I didn't think it was expensive, but I'm off to Bali next week and the Solomon's are dearer than Bali. I think generally the south pacific is dearer than Asia.

There was some sort of guest house/hotel down the road from Tulagi divers that I think you could eat at but otherwise there was no where else on the island to eat other than the resort.The food was excellent though - we had a buffett most nights and there was lots of food and choice, espcially fresh, local seafood.

Mel

Mel.B:
When I went I didn't think it was expensive, but I'm off to Bali next week and the Solomon's are dearer than Bali. I think generally the south pacific is dearer than Asia.

There was some sort of guest house/hotel down the road from Tulagi divers that I think you could eat at but otherwise there was no where else on the island to eat other than the resort.The food was excellent though - we had a buffett most nights and there was lots of food and choice, espcially fresh, local seafood.

Mel

Mel, thanks again for the good info. My last trip was to Lombok/Komodo in May. With an 8 day liveaboard trip to Komodo and 5 days on Lombok, the trip-minus airfare-was less than $US 2500 including food, accom, diving, helium and some very deep CCR dives in Lombok. About $200 a day. If it had all been land based, the cost would have been around $125 a day. But then again, the diving in Tulagi is likely much better than Lombok... I guess you get what you pay for. -Andy

Back
Top Bottom