Source for Bolt Snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use these products all the time in salt and fresh water for work. Most of them have a working load limit (WLL) so you know exactly how strong they are. The trigger snaps about halfway down the page are great when you have gloves on. At work I can buy right from the factory at wholesale prices. They will sell from thier site at retail or you can check the links for better prices online.

http://www.suncorstainless.com/sscart/index2.html

You don't mean suicide clips, do you?

I may be mistaken - I interpret trigger snaps as being the kind that you can just slide over an object, like a D-Ring, and they'll snap on.

This is a very, very bad idea underwater, Boats. Because if they'll snap that easily unto a D-Ring, think how easily they'll snap unto a fish net or cave line or lift line or anything else.... and whats worse, once they've snapped unto something, if the object is relatively thick, you can't unbend the trigger snap enough to unhook it.

They're called suicide clips for a reason. You should only use the kind of bolt snaps that you need to actively open.

i think he means the round clips that have the projection that you grab with your trigger finger to open. here is a pic...

kurt

goatboy_k once bubbled...
i think he means the round clips that have the projection that you grab with your trigger finger to open. here is a pic...

kurt

Those trigger clips are one style of suicide clips. Here is a full explination with pictures to go along with it. FWIW, I only use SS bolt snaps and I use the 1 1/8" snaps without problems. Your mileage may vary.

pls show the hardware illiterate the light: what do the bolt snap measurements e.g. 3/4" actually measure? it is obviously not the length of the snap.

Thanks kurt, those are the ones I was reffering to. It is harder to get something caught up in those clips unintentionaly than the bolt snaps but alot easier to open with gloves on. The jaw or hook of the snap overlap so nothing can just slip in.

docmartin.. if you go to the suncor website they show what each part of the snaps measure. With shackles, lifting hooks and most other rigging the stock diameter is used as the measurement.

Back
Top Bottom