Spam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech Admin:
scubautah,
According to the system you did indeed enter the contest using the username "scubautah" and the same email address that is in your account profile right now.

:lol:

Classic, absolute classic!

scubautah, sorry mate but...

applause.gif

You_win_the_prize.jpg

Perhaps an apology?
Nice job Ted!

scubautah:
The technique used to gather the email addresses in question is a form of data mining.

Data mining is expressly forbidden under the TOS for this site.

It has been stated that scubaboard was party to the technique used to gather said information.

In my book, that clearly fits the definition of hypocrasy!!!!!
Well ... perhaps you should consider not hanging out with the hypocrates ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well.....question asked....answer given.

I believe this thread has served it's purpose. If anything remains unclear please contact NetDoc directly.

This belongs in the "Let no Good Deed go unpunished" department.

First off Spam is not good. I hate it, you hate it, we all hate it. We hate spam evan more than we hate trolls.

Any entity that uses mass e-mailing is required by law to provide a method for un-subscribing from that list. This is true for those who garner your e-mail addresses surreptitiously as well as those who you give your e-mail to, as did AquaOren and Scubatuh. While you can rant and rave against ScubaBoard over this, we did not give them your e-mail from our data base: YOU DID. Consequently, we can not remove your name from their distribution list: ONLY YOU CAN. You have spent far more time blaming us for you giving your info away, when all you had to do was to opt out using their directions. If you get yet another piece of e-mail from N-Lights and have still not done this, you again have only yourself to blame.

ScubaBoard will never, ever sell your info. We never have and we never will. We did not sell your info to N-Lights: if they got your address you gave it to them. No matter how AquaOren would like to twist the facts, "the management" of this board did NOT sell your info. To be ultra clear: we did not charge any of our sponsors one penny to participate in this contest. Of course, AquaOren loves to criticize ScubaBoard, and apparently has no qualms in misrepresenting the facts to do so. I am not sure what his motives are, and they ultimately do not concern me. Like Spammers, trolls are a force to themselves and no one can really understand them. We encourage you to not feed the trolls.

Ultimately, this has led to the suspension of all give aways until we are CERTAIN that this episode will not repeat. You can be sure that providing your e-mail to our sponsors will NOT be an option in any upcoming events. This will only affect FUTURE contests. If you have received e-mail from ANYONE, your only recourse is to follow their instructions for opting out of their list. Non-compliance is a federal offense and you are well within your rights to pursue all legal avenues open to you to redress these issues.

However, we will be sure to direct N-Lights to this thread so they can see the backlash this type of advertising is having on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom