split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of your friends use SeaQuests IDEA 3's? Either way, since your a SoCal diver, I'd look forward to "racing" you. Let's just call it an experiment...... ; )

gg

I also have a pair of Idea fins and have used them for awhile now and I find that I like the split fins better and the old scuba pro jet fins better than the Idea fins. And I have now problem with leg strength as I work out with wieghts several time a week and DM on the weekends
Just my two cents

Herb,
I probably have a dozen pairs of fins in my dive locker (my neighbors think it's a garage) but who's to say I don't have room for one more. I'll get my hands on a pair and try them once again. Who know if more people like you give me their two cents.... I might even be able to go buy some! ; )

Mario
Sea ya in the Deep Blue

Hi Mario, I think that you will find as I did that with the split fins under normal diving conditions you will get as much push from them as you do with the Idea fins but with alot less effort and that equates in less air useage which means more bottom time:). Give em a try again and let me know what you think.
DSAO

I have before, and will again. I guess what it comes down to is a divers personal style. If in fact the fins are that much more efficient then of course they will help a diver conserve energy and therefore assist in air consumption. But is that really the case? I'm just saying that my kick is very effiecient, so effiecient in fact, most dive boat operators in the area are convinced I have gills.

heya Mario, its good to see other So Cal divers on the board. Up for Farnsworth on the 5th of Nov? How 'bout the Oil Rigs on the 12th? (both of those are on the Pacific Dream, with which i have a bone to pick but they have the coolest destinations and a nice big sundeck so i'll keep my mouth shut and give them a little bit of my business (no more than i absolutely have to) Alternately, Dec 1st, Out of San Diego, Divequest (never dove /w/ them is doing a Yukon/NOAA Tower trip (i've never dove the tower) and if you're up for limited penetration of the Yukon, that'd be cool also. Any other locals on the board interested? I don't want to penetrate the Yukon solo and as far as i know, no one allows soloing the oil rigs so i need buddies for those trips! How 'bout you King Neptune?

The only time I'm not available is Nov 16-19th. My favorite boats are the Blue Escape and the Horizon. The best local boat to take to the Yukon, hands down is the Blue Escape. It's a 50ft Delta that has an incredible amount of room, an onboard compressor, Nitrox capability, and most importantly, the best snacks made fresh from mom herself. Anytime you guys would like to plan a Blue Escape dive is fine with me.

Sea Ya in the Deep Blue
Mario

heya mike,

Until after DEMA sometime, I am really swamped. It's just so hard to go diving while chained to this 22" monitor, hehe.

I will get back to you when I see some sunlight at the end of the tunnel.

=-)

MY wife loves them but I did not. I over powered them but I'm used to the older Scuba Pro Sea Wings, really stiff. I used the graphit one and got cramps, but I heard from the team at a dive lab that alot of people are getting cramps in the feet with these because they bend at the arch of the foot. Notice them and feel how limber they are but I had NO PROBLEM with the black ones. The true test is in the open water and not a pool. Ask a buddy or someone on your next trip. If you snorkle alot of people feel they are not good on the surface. I'm 6'4" 210 and they do me no good but my wife has never had a single complant. She even now keeps up with me!!!!!

I have had my black SCUBAPRO Twin-Jets (splt fins) for almost a year and have used them for 150+ dives (I'm a part time instructor on a tropical island). These are the most comfortable and efficient fins I've ever used. They are used in rough surf as well as calm water. They don't show wear like a plastic fin and the foot pocket is the best yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom