Start counting your dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, the cert dives count.

Second, if you want to keep your GF; She is never wrong.

Third, if the rare case that the GF is wrong....see second point above

(Of course, you could just agree with her and pop out to do a weekend of diving with the guys just to "even up" the dive logs :D )

On your next dive go a couple feet deeper than her and make condescending remarks about her "shallow water" dives not being as rigorous as your dives. And that anyone can log all those shallow dives, but it takes expertise to do your "deep" dives. When she starts saying that a couple feet isn't a big deal, just roll your eyes at her and tell her that she just doesn't understand how different things are at that depth and that she will understand once she "gets to your level".

O-ring once bubbled...
On your next dive go a couple feet deeper than her and make condescending remarks about her "shallow water" dives not being as rigorous as your dives. And that anyone can log all those shallow dives, but it takes expertise to do your "deep" dives. When she starts saying that a couple feet isn't a big deal, just roll your eyes at her and tell her that she just doesn't understand how different things are at that depth and that she will understand once she "gets to your level".

is the car engine gunning as she runs back and forth over your dive gear while you're still patting yourself on the back. :D

O-ring once bubbled...

And I would guess you are currently unattached? :D

Marc :jester:

And I would guess you are currently unattached?
Unfortunately, I have developed the science of angering significant others into an art form. The upside is that I always have time to dive...I won't go into the downside, but let's just say that I have a high speed internet connection.. :wink:

Or, to be the un--O Ring-- you can magnanamously agree that you've seen the wisdom of her ways, use here count, and get to the AOW class sooner!

AOW is very helpful, especially the bouyancy part in the hands of a GOOD instructor (be a smart shopper).

And even O Ring would concede that you not only get to score points (or whatever) with your signif other --you'll get past AOW and be ready for DIRF sooner!

And even O Ring would concede that you not only get to score points (or whatever) with your signif other --you'll get past AOW and be ready for DIRF sooner!
IMHO, DIRF is the closest thing to a true "Advanced" Open Water class that is out there.

<Grin> Now that I've had to tell her she was right, lets just say some people are not gracefull winners. :)

Back
Top Bottom