Stiff, colored, webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for stiff, colored webbing for my backplate. The stiffer the better.

I was going to order from Piranha, but I dove with someone using their webbing last weekend and it wasn't all that stiff, at least not when coming out of the water. It looked good though :)

Does anyone have experience comparing the webbing from Reef Scuba, Piranha Dive MFG, Northeast Scuba Supply, and/or anyone else?

When I bought my used BP/W it had some marvelously stiff webbing on it. It was really easy to get into. I, alas, am about a foot taller than the last owner and would rather not stick with the blactical look.

Many thanks.

I have Piranha black webbing and NESS black stiff webbing. Piranha's is stiffer and thicker and wider. It is true 2" webbing (51mm). NESS's is 50mm (if they still stock the same webbing). I am happy with both but I prefer Piranha's. Now sure if this applies to their color webbing tho

The color webbing I bought from Piranha about 5 months ago is super stiff.

I have used webbing from both NESS and piranha, both stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Scuba webbing is pretty stiff in my opinion. It was a pain to rig my harness, if that counts for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought 2in. from Reef and it's still quite stiff after about 20 or so dives.

I'm pretty sure I got my yellow webbing from NESS. It's plenty stiff. (I actually prefer what Rick Inman used to call "weebly wobbly webbing".)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom