Stories you've told to spouse when you buy gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hagerdherb:
Maybe you could try to be open and honest with him and you wouldn't have to go through so much work...he's probably willing to give you what ever you want to be happy :heart: ...plus when your honest with him you might not have that feeling that he's lurking over your shoulder :lurk_2: ...just a thought http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/Character%20Smiles/hmmmer.gif

I am forced to agree with hagerdherb.........I have been with my wife for a bit over 10 years now. In that time, the only time I have had a problem was when I misrepresented the situation to her. I just could not ask for more in a wife/best friend than that. No matter how bad I screwed up,....(and I kid you not-I HAVE screwed up big time), she was more concerned with my honesty of the situation than with whatever stupidity I was trying to accomplish.

With such a supporting wife, it's easy for me to be self serving and say "Honesty is the basis for all true marriages" but, truth be told, I have had it on the other end as well and had a endured a 9 year marriage to someone whom I thought was the "right one". I have been thru some dark,dark times and learned the hard way that sometimes you just have to let go and move on......

So......tell your partner the truth, its all you can hope for in return.

hagerdherb:
Maybe you could try to be open and honest with him and you wouldn't have to go through so much work...he's probably willing to give you what ever you want to be happy :heart: ...plus when your honest with him you might not have that feeling that he's lurking over your shoulder :lurk_2: ...just a thought :hm:

See, I knew he was out there lurking...

:10:

I don't think that I have totaly flat out lied about anything but I do skirt around it. Just like the AL80's. I am doing some work for a friend, that is how I am getting the extra money for the tanks. It just isn't the same friend that I am buying the tanks off of and the two don't even know each other.
Soooo, technically I am doing some work for a friend and I am getting the tanks in payment. No lie here.

I can't complain since the GF bought me about $100 worth of dress shirts and ties last night. Don't know what I did to deserve that but it must have been good. :D

I don't have to tell stories to my wife. If I want it, I get it. Being a latino male, I'm the king of my home. I pay the bills, own the home and everything in it. What I say is the law. End of story. I feel sorry for all you guys who have to put up with a wife that gives you a hard time when you buy gear. You have to be like me and put them in place early. The first thing you have to do is .... Wait my alarm clock is going off..... Darn.. I was having that dream that I was king of the house again. I love that dream. oh well...

LOL!!! Great post!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom