Stories you've told to spouse when you buy gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tell her I got a great deal on it and can easily make money reselling it on ebay. My little corner is getting bigger and bigger.

Honey,

I really really really really need this <insert item> (CCR, scooter, BCD, computer, wing, reel, spool, fin, mask) to stay competitive and be able to service our clients needs. Without it, our daughter.. our sweet daughter won't be able to go to school well, I know things are tight, but... it's needed for the business.

So far so good. Please I beg everyone not to tell my wife how much a CCR really costs :)

Dennis

Using the daughter??? I need one to use like that - hmmm... But then I can't go warm water diving anytime soon!

scubalaurel:
I opened a seperate checking account and put a small amount of my check in it each month, so I can buy whatever I want. When I do spend some of the money, I tell him I traded so and so for it, or did DM work in kind for it, or something along those lines. So far, he hasn't found out.... often :14:

But wait, I think he's a lurker out there...darn, now he'll know my secret.

Maybe that's why there aren't more stories on this thread....hmmmmm :33:

The couple of times he's found me out, I just give him what all men want... :cuddles:

Maybe you could try to be open and honest with him and you wouldn't have to go through so much work...he's probably willing to give you what ever you want to be happy :heart: ...plus when your honest with him you might not have that feeling that he's lurking over your shoulder :lurk_2: ...just a thought :hm:

LMBO.... No Husband, NO SO, on again off again B/F so if i want something I just go buy it no need to justify anything... Ort he best part is i wait around until my brothers buys new stuff then I run off with what ever stuff he isn't using and I have been lusting after!!!!

Kay's steps to Dating a Non-Diver (but who wants to)

1. I dive.... GET OVER IT
2. If I buy something I want or need.. see rule #1
3. You don't like it see rule #1
4. No I don't spend to much time with my dive buddies.. see rule #1
5. No I don't love them more than I love you, well maybe I do... see rule #1
6. look for new b/f must dive or see rule#1 often....

I often pass things off as "safety gear". That is the line I plan to use when I need to get a set of doubles, manifold, and two sets of regs. "You want me to be safe, right? I need a second set of regs in case something happens to the first one." That worked for lots of gear :)

Really, she doesn't mind but gives me a hard time to keep me in check. If she didn't I would spend a lot more money. I had a bit of explaining to do when she found the new backplate rig. "Oh ya, that thing, I got it on ebay for half price".

The things I have a harder time getting by her is all of the electronic toys that I buy. Yes Honey, I *DO* need a $600 cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom