Stories you've told to spouse when you buy gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have this problem when I worked in Outdoor Sporting goods selling guns.
I would take an Empty... 2-gun hard case to work with me. And use it to sneek my new trade back into the house and into the gun safe.
Of course as an alternative as I found out later. If you come in the door holding a Jewlery Box in one out-stretched hand. My wife usually didn't care too much about what I was carrying in the other.
This can get rather expensive though.

Yeah, I ave found that if I want something useful for me, I need to buy something shiny for her. Though it cost me a blavk pearl to go diving for 2 days, damn, that was pricey...

Having said that, a "great deal on Ebay" has popped up every so often...

Z...

Rat 314- I know that trick. "Honey I am going to the gunshow to sell some rifles that I never shoot anymore.." Empty case new rifles coming into the house.. "Naw no one bought them"

This old thing.. I just put my HK lower on my AR upper and it shoots 50 BMG now..

mrobinson:
then you'll understand... I JUST GOT MY SALVO TODAY!!! Once I get my bolt-snaps attached, I'll be ready for a dive...
Nice! Give us a report in the Lights forum after you dive it. 25w??

Spoon:
i just dont tel em i am getting anything. chances are they wont notice it. i am the one who usually slips becasue im so darn excited with my new gear and equipment

How many times have I done that?? Way too many.

hmm, I am feeling lucky.

I say, "I'd like that _______ but it's _______, think I should get it or wait?" She usually says to get it.

Wait a second.... She has MORE toys than I do... Maybe I better go back through the posts to see what she wrote.

<grin>

DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp:
hmm, I am feeling lucky.

I say, "I'd like that _______ but it's _______, think I should get it or wait?" She usually says to get it.

Wait a second.... She has MORE toys than I do... Maybe I better go back through the posts to see what she wrote.

<grin>

DrDuktayp

She says get it since she knows that you are going to anyway. :D The GF knows that once I talk about getting something that it will show up at the house sooner or later.

just sneak it in the house on dark moonless nights, go to the secret panel behind the bookcase, and down the pole to the cave( not recommended with doubles), and after a month the thirty day rule goes into effect and no questions can be asked

The problem is that the dive Shop shows up on the American Express Bill in "plain letters".

At least strip clubs use some three-letter-accronym (like BTC, Inc.) to hide
their true identity. (or at least that's what someone 'told' me).

Are you kidding? My wife went with me to the LDS to get my TLS350. She sews (she did my undergarment for ice diving) and she did the measuring when it came to the "boys." Though it was my bonus money, hard to hide purchases when your best friend who is at my house 4 days a week to hang out is the manager of the dive shop and his assistant (which is female) hangs out with my wife......no hiding there.....now my ebay purchases, those are a little easier :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom