"Streamlined" reg setup questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, I've reverted back to my 1986 configuration: When diving a single cylinder, a single-outlet valve, and a single-hose-regulator (e.g., a Scubapro Mk 10 Plus and G250/Balanced Adjustable), I use a ~32" regulator hose (the size originally provided) for my primary second stage (big loop off to the side; no "under arm", and no swivel), an AIR II (instead of an octopus "safe-second"), and an analog SPG.

The plan is to engage in "classical" buddy-breathing when providing air to another diver (or breathe off of my AIR II if the other diver is not practiced at buddy-breathing).

Absolutely nothing simpler than this. (KISS.) Maybe just a bit less streamlined than the under-the-arm primary + AIR II approach. However, regulator recovery is much more immediate, IMHO.

Sometimes I will switch in my double-hose reg (U.S. Divers DAAM with VDH's Phoenix upgrade). Same plan.

rx7diver

P.S. I almost always dive solo these days. And I dive these 1986-era configurations when doing local, shallow, recreational dives.

Back
Top Bottom