Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got an email from Suunto telling me that they have fixed a lot of the bugs that I told them about in DM4. A new version was released earlier this week. I haven't checked it out yet but its good to see that they are actually reading our emails and improving the product.

export to PDF : default filename corrected to ISO date format
instead to have a filename encoded with date following the regional settings( in France, the default filename was something as Dive_25/06/2011.pdf, not good), we have now Dive_2011-06-25.pdf, which is correct.

I just gave the new version a quick checkout and it does appear that a lot of the issue I told them about have been fixed. I still see a couple of little nit-picky things but overall I don't see any bugs. Hopefully Suunto will continue to evolve DM4 and add back in features that were present in DM3.

Couple of quick things. First one of the reasons we have gone to Movescount is that it allows us to go to web based software. Making it much easier to keep the software up to date ( Windows 8?). We are now also MAC compatible.

Knock, knock?
Your statement clearly demonstrates that your focus is on YOUR benefit. Divers use your products while diving often away from home. How do you think we can access the "web based software" when we're on a liveaboard or a remote resort where internet access costs a bomb?
Further, I have logged over 1600 dives. Do you truly expect that I manually enter all the details that your import process does not include? Based on that alone DM4 is un-usable (for me at least)!

Hello all,

we've just released 1.1.3 of the DM4 - featuring:
- Gauge view for dive plan
- Tissue saturation graph for dive plan
- Partial pressures to graphs
- PDF export for Mac version
- Delete dives (located in "Notes" tab)
- Change cylinder for dive (located in "Details" tab)
- Delete/Insert levels in dive plan

PC users' DM4 autoupdates at start-up. Mac users wishing to take a look at the new version should go to Movescount.com - Powered by Suunto and download the new version. Previously uploaded dive logs are not erased from DM4 with this update.

We are aiming for another update before year end, with improved tagging and notes fields as well as sorting dives. Again, all feedback and improvement suggestions are valued and welcome!

Kind regards,
\Pia from Suunto

Hello all,

we've just released 1.1.3 of the DM4 - featuring:
- Gauge view for dive plan
- Tissue saturation graph for dive plan
- Partial pressures to graphs
- PDF export for Mac version
- Delete dives (located in "Notes" tab)
- Change cylinder for dive (located in "Details" tab)
- Delete/Insert levels in dive plan

PC users' DM4 autoupdates at start-up. Mac users wishing to take a look at the new version should go to Movescount.com - Powered by Suunto and download the new version. Previously uploaded dive logs are not erased from DM4 with this update.

We are aiming for another update before year end, with improved tagging and notes fields as well as sorting dives. Again, all feedback and improvement suggestions are valued and welcome!

Kind regards,
\Pia from Suunto

Will give it another shot. Thanks.

I hope this thread keeps going until all of the bugs are fixed and some recommendations are added.

Just tried out the new version. I have a mac. Me no likey yet.

DM3 allows me to print directly to a printer.
DM3 allows me to see the depth, temperature and air consumption all in one printed graph
DM3 has more information on the dive printout
DM3 is more customizable
DM3 is easier to use probably because I think they prematurely rushed to get DM4 out the door. Was no reason to do this.

Silly question???

Why are all of my Nitrox dives showing up as 21% air. I have (4) Vyper air-integrated computers. Your DM4 software recognizes that the computers were set to Nitrox mode (i.e. in the DM4 program -- Dive Mode = Nitrox), yet in every case on every one of my Nitrox dives the mix display (in the box in the upper right-hand corner of the "My Dives" page) shows "Mix = Air 21%"?

(And BTW, if your answer happens to be something along the lines that I must use the Movescount program somewhere in the cloud to get this functionality, my response is going to be -- "Ain't never, ever, EVER gonna happen, please try again.")

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom